Thread: Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Tarasenko

In one of my leagues (*not in the signature - I couldn't figure out how to have more than one signature), I have Tank and am looking to do a strong focus on a rebuild. I lucked out and have the 1st overall in the draft plus the 4th overall. 13 teams but due to the roster size you either have to draft rookies or trade studs to get good players, the draft is good for depth veterans but that's it. Roster is standard (3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6 D, 2 G) and the league is standard (G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blocks). I know I'm weak on D but have a separate plan (teams aren't willing to trade young stud Dmen). I'm strong on the wings (weak at C and D) and Tank is outside my window (3-4 years away) so I'm wanting youth and debating a few options:

1) I received an offer Tank for Reinhart, Puljujarvi, Chychrun. I don't think Reinhart will last on Eichel's wing, and I'm just not a fan of Chychrun (Arizona has always been a mess). Who knows where Puljujarvi ends up
    2) Negotiating Tank for Newhook plus ?. He has no Dmen to speak of
    3) Negotiating Tank, Kubalik, plus ? for Barkov. It's expensive and it's a sell-low on Tank.
    4) Hold until next year and trade him in season for injury replacement or teams chasing the money

I'm thinking this would be selling low on Tank but wanted opinions. I'm leaning towards just standing pat and waiting for next season but wanted to know if I'm overvaluing Tank. Thanks in advance!

No salary-cap
    Keep 18 (4 rookies)
    Forwards: Cozens, Frost, Hughes, Kubalik, M Tkchuck, Vrana, Kakko, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Svechnikov, Eller, Goodrow, Hoglander, Kahun, Lehkonen, Nischushkin, Tippet, Heponieni, Krebs
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Bouchard, Lilijgren, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Sorokin, Saros, Talbot
    League 1
    Keep 16 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk
    Goalies: Vasilevsky, Shesterkin,
    Minors: Kravtsov, Tolvanen, Brannstrom

League 2
    Keep 18 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Saros, Sorokin, Talbot
    Minors: Heponiemi, Krebs, Tippett, Hoglander, Liljegren, Bouchard,

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Tarasenko

You're selling low on Tank. The Barkov deal might be close to value, but condensing isn't what you need to do right now. Holding him unless you get a stud D back is probably the play.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

Of the three trades proposed, #1 is by far the best. I don't think I would make it though so I would probably go with #4.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Yup, I would hold and wait until he starts scoring more these playoffs or early next year.

He might start the season off on fire next year and you will decided to not trade him!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Of the three trades proposed, #1 is by far the best. I don't think I would make it though so I would probably go with #4.
    Really? I'm not big on that option at all.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)