Thread: Hart vs. Shesterkin - Dynasty Cap Keeper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hart vs. Shesterkin - Dynasty Cap Keeper

Dynasty cap league (keep all)

Goalies:
    W = 2
    SV%, GAA, SV = 1

You have to choose between one of these two. Obviously Hart has more time in the show right now, but Shesterkin has made a good showing in a small sample size as well. Also Hart will need a new contract before Shesterkin. Need your thoughts!

Rep will be given for your input.

Thanks in advance!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Hart vs. Shesterkin - Dynasty Cap Keeper

Both are solid options... I think both you will be happy with for the next 10 years.

However if your team is competitive right now then you will want to go with Hart. He is guaranteed the bulk of starts next year and is on a team that has shown they can win right now.

In New York, Lundqvist is still under contract so its not as clear. And New York needs to improve a bit to be more competitive.

But if you are looking at 2-3 years down the road.. I think you are looking at a coin flip. So pick the guy on the team that you like better!

Dobber Sports Deity

Man I do not envy your position right here having to choose between these two. For me, these are the two premiere young goalies in the league today, followed by a couple others closely, but these two are the cream of the crop.

I dont think there's a wrong answer, or a right one.

Dig out your quarter and give her a flip and thats your choice.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Hart, for me - easy.
    PHI has arrived.
    The kids on defense (Provorov, Sanheim, Myers) are just going to get better with each passing year.
    The team is deep & more prospects are still coming to help their team (Frost, Patrick if he gets his head healthy).
    They should be a top 3 team in the East for the next 5 years, especially as PIT & BOS age downwards.

It's all speculation on NYR's recent lottery riches that they pan out quickly into a good team.
    The difference, is that NYR has handed their top F (Panarin) a contract of $11m+... so what do they have to pay Ziba? And eventually Kakko? And Laf? (see Maple Leafs, Toronto)
    The difference, is that NYR has handed their top D (Trouba) a contract of $8m... so what do they have to pay TonyD? And what about Adam Fox?
    And if Shesterkin IS very good - then what does he get as top G - especially with Lundqvist having gotten $8.5m?
    Contracts are MOST relative to others in the lockerroom. A team with good contracts (see TB), that trickles down to what other players will take.
    $$$$, Big Apple $$$.

You hand your top player an enormous contract... there's negative trickle down.
    As much as I don't like some of the PHI contracts ($8m for Voracek, $7m for JVR) at least it caps future contracts down.
    Konecny at $5.5m and Provorov at $6.75m are HUGE (good-value) lockerroom benchmarks for their coming young players.
    And Provorov's $6.75m should help them wrap up Sanheim for $6m long-term, hopefully they can get Myers for $5m long-term.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the input so far gents.

I appreciate your assessment Pengwin7. However, NYR will have Lundqvist's salary coming off the books at the right time, as well as Smith's. Plus I hear what you you are saying about Philly's contracts, but Hart is likely going to get paid very well. They have been dying for a top tier goalie for a long time and I am sure they will crack open that wallet for whatever it takes to retain this kid, so I don't think they will get as much of a break as they would like when it comes time to keep their franchise goalie.

Dobber Sports Star

A near-impossible decision. The true factor that will determine the answer is what coaching style is implemented by whoever is coaching. But we can't predict the specific future coaching changes, only that there will be changes. In the absence of that information, I'll go with Hart as I think that the Flyers' d corps will be more defensively minded, at least as it looks now. Plus, I think that with all that firepower up front and the temptation to bring in stars, the Rangers will lean towards being an offensive team that relies on the goalie to clean up messes. Kind of like how Henrik was treated for so long.

Dobber Sports Titan

If it's worth anything, my initial numbers for the cap goalie rankings are putting Hart above Shesty.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    If it's worth anything, my initial numbers for the cap goalie rankings are putting Hart above Shesty.
    Definitely good to know! Thanks!

Dobber Sports Icon

Hart and it's not close in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Have you tried shopping them?

I suspect you may get more of a return for Igor, since he's the flavor of the year.

For certainty, I'd lean Hart, as nobody has even mentioned Georgiev yet, and there's a small chance that the Rangers still have 3 NHL goalies at the start of next season. There's also a chance it's Georgiev in the tandem with him, and he's neither old nor declining like Henrik.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have to pick one, not give one up.

Thanks for pointing put Georgiev though.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Long term I think you’re extremely happy with either. However, Hart is 2 years younger and already cemented himself as the #1 goalie in Philadelphia. I have full confidence in Shesterkin’s future, but his sample size in the NHL is 12 games. Another post brought this up, but Georgiev could cut into Shesty’s playing time in the near term. These are a couple of reasons why I lean Hart.

Dobber Sports Stud

Hart is already a very good and could be on his way to Elite. He's on a team that is in 1st, and is young.

Shes, with massive potential, is still unproven; I feel he and the Rangers hope to be what Philly and Hart are today.

Stick with the sure thing in Hart.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Pretty sure Shes will be good on a great team also.

Hart is proven, except for last night .

Hart for me too
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the opinions Gents. I will be passing rep out as I reload!