Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draft Order 2020 (pick 5 and pick 6)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Question Draft Order 2020 (pick 5 and pick 6)

Keeper League : 16 GM's

We keep a total of 8 keepers each season forward-defs-goalie

Points only = goals and assists equal value.

Prospects are illimited in the farm. We can keep prospects in the farm until they reach 150 games played or 25 years old.

Salary Cap for 2020-2021 = 97.8M

Players that counts in the total points:

10 best forwards
    4 best defense
    1 best goalie

My keepers for the next season are:

Bjorkstrand
    Horvat
    Konecny
    Dylan Strome

Doughty
    Ekman-Larsson
    Sergachev
    Pulock
    ( i currently have 1 exceeding keeper. I hesitate to try and trade ekman-larsson before august 21 last day to give our 8 keepers)

Kuemper

FARM:

Dach
    Donato
    Hayton
    Necas
    Tkachuk
    Yamamoto
    Zadina
    Zegras
    Kyrou
    Batherson
    Sandin
    Jake Bean
    bobby brink
    gabriel carlsson
    cozens
    dellandrea
    dorofeyev
    grundstrom
    heponiemi
    kostin
    krebs
    liljegren
    isac lundestrom
    nikolayev
    puistola
    rubtsov
    shesterkin
    turcotte
    Frost

With the quality of young players of the 2020 draft I wanna know who would you choose if you were in my position ?

In my idea Lafreniere - byfield - stutzle - rossi will be taken before i draft my 5th and 6th. but i'm 50% sure of that. Haha

Help me to figure this out !

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Draft Order 2020 (pick 5 and pick 6)

IMPORTANT POINT:

Nils Lundkvist and Scott Perunovich and Studnicka are available in this pool.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm going with Raymond and Perfetti at 5 and 6 if the top 4 go,

Laf
    Byfield
    Stutzle
    Rossi

Perfetti has been underrated as of late because of his skating (which is less effective since he seems to use more energy than he has to in his strides). But man is he good at everything else. He'll find lanes that you wouldn't expect mid play.

Raymond is a gem on skates, and while his development took a hit game wise last season, he got to practice with men in the 3rd best league in the world on a daily basis and learn from some great players. Ryan Lasch is leaving this year, so he should be primed for a much bigger role and some time on PP1 (where Lasch held his exact position).

I personally have Rossi after both Raymond and Perfetti, but an argument can easily be made to put Rossi at 4 (I think the worry about him being 5'9" is way overblown).. this kid trains like a pro, plays a pro style game, and seems to have an insane drive. His hight should limit his effectiveness at C, but if he moves to the wing, he could be a great play driver at the next level.
    14T dynasty
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, SV%, SO, GAA, SVS

Dobber Sports Titan

I have Rossi and Raymond above Stutzle, but I'm no scout. I could see an argument for Perfetti, or Lundkvist as the next best guy. Any chance you can trade down to 8 or 9 from 6 and add either a pick in the 15-20 range, or a decent piece elsewhere?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Nah ! unfortunetly, the last GM who wanted to trade gave me his 5th overall. The others don't wanna trade before the draft

Would it be too early to pick on of Peruvonich or Nils Lundkvist 6th overall ? i'm pretty sur they are gonna be gone before my 27 and 34 overall (2nd and 3rd round)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by forwardpro View Post
    Nah ! unfortunetly, the last GM who wanted to trade gave me his 5th overall. The others don't wanna trade before the draft

Would it be too early to pick on of Peruvonich or Nils Lundkvist 6th overall ? i'm pretty sure they are gonna be gone before my 27 and 34 overall (2nd and 3rd round)
    You may find someone to trade with during the draft. I tend to have a lot of success being the guy holding apick somebody wants, so I can move down, and move up in a later round, or grab an extra pick next year. This seem like a year I won't be moving picks for next year's picks unless it's a late round pick.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Would it be too early to pick on of Peruvonich or Nils Lundkvist 6th overall ? i'm pretty sur they are gonna be gone before my 27 and 34 overall (2nd and 3rd round)
    I would take two forwards from this years draft before I'd worry about these two D. I cant tell you which ones because I have no idea who's going top four but I agree with Lindros88's names.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

In a limited keeper, I would be trying to trade your picks, or prospects, for upgrades on your pro team.
    You can keep 8 players, and you have: Dach, Hayton, Necas, Tkachuk, Yamamoto, Zadina, Zegras, Kyrou, Batherson, Couzens, Krebs, Frost, Turcotte and Shersterkin + 2 stars from 2020 draft.

Assuming Sergachev, Pulock and Konecny are long-term keepers, you will eventually have to drop 11 of those high end prospects for nothing.

I'd be focusing on trying to use those assets to improve/consolidate talent on my pro roster.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the good advice. I think it's time for me to get some good keepers cause like you said i'll lose my youngsters when they will pass the 150 games nhl.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I am maybe off topic but another gm wants to trade with me and he is interested in those players:
    Turcotte, tkatchuk, yamamoto, batherson, necas, hayton, byram, cozen, dach.

I would like to get one of

Mackinnon or rantanen or mantha or erik karlsson in his keepers. What would ve a fair trade with what you know of my team. P.s: i got a total of 44 picks in draft 2021 and 2022 and hes got like 19 total.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Recap: He is just willing to trade karlsson

Dobber Sports Titan

Recap: He is just willing to trade karlsson
    Which Karlsson are we talking about?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Erik karlsson (SJ)

He offered me necas + 2nd round 2021 for karlsson

Dobber Sports Titan

In a 16 team league with that cap taking on Karlsson's contract would be very restrictive. I would stand pat with Necas.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

And lets say i ask him to keep a percentage of his salary. In our league we can keep a maximum of 50% of a salary player. Karlsson could cost me half his salary for example the next 2 seasons. What do you say?

Tell me, for Necas, if he plays a full season i will not be able to keep him automatically cause he will be over 150 games. Do you think he could be a keeper player by the end of the next season?