Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Dobber NFL Mock Draft - Discussion

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: 2020 Dobber NFL Mock Draft - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I hope AJ Green comes in with new life this year now that he has a quarterback not named Dalton.
    Or a constant foot injury that keeps him "Questionable" from Monday to Saturday and then elevates him to "Out" on Sunday. Man that was infuriating.

Fournette is a bit of a risk relative to the Jags offense generally and its ability to sustain drives, scoring opportunities etc. But Fournette is it in that backfield so to get a RB at the ned of the 4th with that much volume was too hard to pass up. Plus with CMC I can afford some risk at the position.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Or a constant foot injury that keeps him "Questionable" from Monday to Saturday and then elevates him to "Out" on Sunday. Man that was infuriating.
    True... but last year he was 'not playing' for a better quarterback..now hopefully he has his better quarterback and has something to actually play for.

Here's hoping anyways!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Fournette is a bit of a risk relative to the Jags offense generally and its ability to sustain drives, scoring opportunities etc. But Fournette is it in that backfield so to get a RB at the ned of the 4th with that much volume was too hard to pass up. Plus with CMC I can afford some risk at the position.
    Yes, and I think in the 4th it is worth it... my recency bias has me not wanting him...but there is definitely great potential for Fournette to be a great value here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm curious how Armistead is showing in camp. Knowing the Jags shopped Fournette before the season, I wonder if they like what they have seen in the former already. Fournette to me is a fine pick. I just hope he gets some decent line blocking; though I do expect the Jags O-line to take a step back this season.

Yes, and I think in the 4th it is worth it... my recency bias has me not wanting him...but there is definitely great potential for Fournette to be a great value here.
    Oh hey...don't get me wrong. Had me a good shower cry after that pick.
    @SmittysRant

Oh hey...don't get me wrong. Had me a good shower cry after that pick.
    Not as bad as me just picking Le'Veon Bell haha

​​

Not as bad as me just picking Le'Veon Bell haha
    That's funny...I was considering him too.

Ya know...it's my own damn fault. Going WR/WR/WR with my three first picks, my intent was to try a zero-RB approach (ie, hold off until mid-later rounds on RB while filling in else where)

...but then I pussed-out like I always do and drafted Montgomery minutes before he's carted off the field. LOL

It's time to drink.

@SmittysRant

That's funny...I was considering him too.

Ya know...it's my own damn fault. Going WR/WR/WR with my three first picks, my intent was to try a zero-RB approach (ie, hold off until mid-later rounds on RB while filling in else where)

...but then I pussed-out like I always do and drafted Montgomery minutes before he's carted off the field. LOL

It's time to drink.

Its always time to drink when drafting!

Its crazy how Gordon, Johnson, Fournette, Bell - all previous RBs that were considered no-brainer top 2 or 3 fantasy picks in previous years... are all being drafted in round 4 and only one of them is on the same team as they were then.

​​

Its always time to drink when drafting!

Its crazy how Gordon, Johnson, Fournette, Bell - all previous RBs that were considered no-brainer top 2 or 3 fantasy picks in previous years... are all being drafted in round 4 and only one of them is on the same team as they were then.
    It used to be for fantasy that 29 was the age to unload your RB in dynasty formats.Now it's prior to his 2nd contract. There are exceptions, but they are few.
    @SmittysRant

It used to be for fantasy that 29 was the age to unload your RB in dynasty formats.Now it's prior to his 2nd contract. There are exceptions, but they are few.
    It just starts to show that its not always the RB that is the talent... that it is often the system.

There are cases where it is likely both like Elliot it Dallas.

​​

It just starts to show that its not always the RB that is the talent... that it is often the system.

There are cases where it is likely both like Elliot it Dallas.
    ...and that's kinda trick the to drafting in redraft formats in those middle rounds, right? Take high-volume vets with low ceilings (eg, Montgomery, Bell, Johnson etc) or hold and swing for the fences with rooks or back-ups who...if they get the chance..can be league winners.

No wrong answer, of course. Just a matter of preference.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

LMAO....So my last Rams pick, I definitely looked at the roster for one of my other teams before picking and completely botched it....I love drafting three teams

Dobber Sports Titan

The last number of picks I don't know if I have once put the number in but as soon as I press submit I end up remembering and edit it in. All for you PH!

Getting to the point where I'm not recognizing many names and I've already grabbed most of the TE/QB for my teams haha.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Just a heads up friends... I am going camping this weekend and will have limited service at best. I can leave a list with someone if they want me to.