Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Point projection - Lafreniere

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Point projection - Lafreniere

Now that the Rangers have the 1st overall pick and more then likely Lafreniere is who they draft, I'm wondering what people think his pts projection will be for the next 3 years.
    6 Team Keeper.
    Salary Cap $108M with 3 players at 75% price. Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, W= 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1

12 F, 6 D, 2 G, 8 Reserves (any position)

Forwards
    Pastrnak $8.4, Eichel $7.5, MacKinnon $9.4, Ovechkin $9.5, JT Miller $8.0, RNH $5.1, Malkin $6.1, Marchand $6.1, Rust $5.1, Stephenson $2.7, M. Raymond $0.9, Terry $7.0, Duchene $3.0, P Kane $0.0, Mittelstadt $2.5, Kreider $6.5
    Defence
    Sandin $1.4, Montour $3.5, R Andersson $4.5, Barrie $4.5, J Carlson $8.0, McAvoy $9.5, Giordano $0.8, Byram $3.8, Hedman $7.8
    Goalies
    Vasilevsky $9.5, Kuemper $5.2, F Andersen $3.4, Korpisalo $4.0

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Point projection - Lafreniere

Not sure about next 3 years as NYR actually have excellent wingers in their top 6 already so it will be doubtful he gets top line/PP minutes in his first or even second years. But he is a player that projects at around 90pts in his best seasons which can hit early for offensive forwards (23-26 yrs old)

Dobber Sports Titan

55, 65, 85. Something along those lines anyways.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm guessing 50, 65, 65 next 3 years. Gets up to PPG in Y4.

Dobber Sports Titan

Crosby always seems to be the comparable, and I know it's very different, but Crosby put up 1.3ppg in each of his first three seasons.

Lecavalier is a different case but the other top QMJHL comparable, and took five years to hit ppg stats in a different NHL. So midpoint of three years could make sense for Laf with some smooth development
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Padawan

50-60-75 would be my guess.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Monster

I'll go with 60-75-85 neck of the woods. I think he's just mature beyond his years and will hit the ground running fast.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

55, 75, 85

Dobber Sports Padawan

40, 55 then 60-65. Not sure how his situation plays out in his first year, so I don't want to assume he's going to be a staple on the top 6 or PP, but he's got the pedigree and talent around him to really push his numbers in year two and three when he's given more opportunities. I'm hoping I'm way off because I've got that pick, so it'd be nice to see some big numbers out of the gate.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Icon

54, 68, 81

Dobber Sports Deity

I remember last year when everyone was expecting 60ish + points from JHughes and Kakko closely behind, and that was in a top line role. I am not sure Lafreniere even starts out in a top role so I will keep my projections conservative and probably realistic. I expect him to be in the 40-45pt range for the first year and slowly progress from there. If he blows my projection out of the water then good for him, but I am skeptical that happens simply based on history and how I see him fitting in on a deep Rangers team that is flush with proven wingers.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I think the Rangers' depth actually works in his favour as his won't be overwhelmed next year like Hughes was. Kakko I just don't think was fully NHL ready yet, but next year he should be an asset instead of just struggling to keep his head above water.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think the Rangers' depth actually works in his favour as his won't be overwhelmed next year like Hughes was. Kakko I just don't think was fully NHL ready yet, but next year he should be an asset instead of just struggling to keep his head above water.
    And yet was touted as the most NHL ready in the draft last year if I remember correctly.

None the less, I tend to keep my projections lower for rookies and then hope they prove me wrong. I'd rather be surprised than underwhelmed.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    And yet was touted as the most NHL ready in the draft last year if I remember correctly.

None the less, I tend to keep my projections lower for rookies and then hope they prove me wrong. I'd rather be surprised than underwhelmed.
    He was touted as that, but I guess we never really know until they get there. I think it was evident by game 9 though and he should have been sent to the AHL. I think he was eligible because of some European factor.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    He was touted as that, but I guess we never really know until they get there. I think it was evident by game 9 though and he should have been sent to the AHL. I think he was eligible because of some European factor.
    And that's why I tend to keep my projections lower for rookies.