Thread: Who to choose

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who to choose

I made a deal earlier in the season which gives my first choice on another player's non-keepers. I'm looking at Ekblad or Ristolainen (although Kreider is also an option but I'm thinking he'll be traded). I'm leaning towards Ekblad but wanted other people's opinions. Signature should show, but position isn't important. I'm looking to compete next year and possibly make a larger trade before next season.
    League 1
    Keep 16 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk
    Goalies: Vasilevsky, Shesterkin,
    Minors: Kravtsov, Tolvanen, Brannstrom

League 2
    Keep 18 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Saros, Sorokin, Talbot
    Minors: Heponiemi, Krebs, Tippett, Hoglander, Liljegren, Bouchard,

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Who to choose

What are your categories? This is important because if Hits is a category, then Ristolainen and Kreider receive a big bump as compared to Ekblad.

Kreider has a no movement clause for the next few years of his deal, so the odds of him being moved are limited. Still, if he gets told to move to the right side due to the Wonderboy, perhaps he'll feel like moving.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, depending on the league stats and roster positions I could lean towards any one of these three.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Whoops! Sorry, it's the standard: G, A, +/-, PIM, shots, blocks.
    Thanks in advance!
    League 1
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk

League 2
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen

Dobber Sports Titan

How many do you start at each position?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm going to go out on a limb and take Ekblad here. He should win every category except hits and blocks (but he's no slouch in either) and I see him as a better version of Risto. I think his best days are ahead of him still and there's lots of uncertainty around Risto. Who knows where he goes and how his role will change (if he does in fact get dealt).

Just going with my gut here of course. I expect it to be pretty split or mostly Risto. They're both young and similar in style. I just feel Ekblad is the much better player.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think i would go with Risto here. I think he will get dealt to a team that really needs him and will use him to benefit him.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Without a salary cap, I am taking Ekblad.

Dobber Sports Deity

Im more confident in Ristolainen getting traded than I am Kreider but stranger things have happened. I am curious, do you make this trade before or after your keepers need to be submitted? In other words does this player coming to you have to bump one of your current keepers?

Looking at your current list of keepers, you definitely need some sandpaper because you dont have much in the way of gritty contributors. I'd be looking at Kreider or Ristolainen but I am curious about when this trade happens.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm still waiting on the starting position numbers for the Kreider vs defence value, but I think I lean Ekblad. He doesn't give you the same hit numbers, but should be ahead of Risto in every other category.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ekblad. Yandle is starting to decline no doubt about it and Aaron was taking shifts on the PP1 last year. Bank on Ekblad's hit totals rising next season as he went from 114 total in 18-19 all the way down to 34 last year for which I have no explanation other than he became more offensive oriented. He is still only 24 and like HonkyTonkMan said, the best days still lie ahead.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sorry for not posting more info about the league, my bad. There's no salary cap. This will happen before the keepers are set, so I'm planning on making more trades once this happens. If I can't package some players then I'll probably drop Marino. I'm leaning towards Ekblad for his all-round game and name recognition. Risto is interesting with the changes in Buffalo and possibly getting traded, and Krieder will be good this year but with the rookies coming he won't last long there IMO.
    Thanks for the input everyone!
    League 1

League 2

Dobber Sports Grand Master

How many do you start, and how many teams?

I like Ekblad a lot, but I also like the D you have now. I think your D is deeper than your forwards, but I'd still be tempted to keep Marino & get Ekblad.

I'd definitely try to package a D & a F for a better forward.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I start 6 D so with Ekblad I'd be pretty loaded. I know my forwards are a bit thin so yeah, the plan is to package one D plus one or two other players for a better forward. I traded P Kane for Dahlin earlier this year which is why my forwards aren't as great. 12 teams but most are gun-shy so trades are really between 4-5 teams.
    League 1

League 2