Thread: Provorov going forward

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Provorov going forward

The flyers are a 1st place team and now Ghost should fully be out of his way as far as PP. Does Provorov become the elite fantasy D this year we all expect (he has shown flashes thus far). I have the chance to acquire him; without telling everyone the cost, I just wanted to see what your expected goals/assists would be this year. I don't think it's out of the realm, even with Philly's system, that he gets close to 20g and 50 plus points but wanted opinions....

Cheers

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Provorov going forward

I think 45-50 per season for him sounds about right. I don't now if Ghost is fully out of the picture yet though.

He's probably a guy that's generally worth acquiring.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

45 - 50 sounds like a solid average for him for the next few years. I am less worried about Gostisbehere taking back PP1 duties as I am about Egor Zamula taking the reins in about 1.5 years. Either way, Provorov is still a #1 dman and will get the ice time he deserves.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Nah... Vigneualt is going to let his best defenseman conitnue to play Defense. This is probably because he actually plays good defense. Unlike Byfuglien when he went forward...

Anyways... I mentioned in another thread that I think he gets 40-45 points on average the next 8 seasons...and in two of those seasons he gets some puck luck and cracks 50-55 points.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

Provorov is a guy who contributes big time to the team in real life, in fantasy, his upside is a bit limited, he is not elite IMO. He is a guy who can put up 45 points every year, nice consistency. He will hit 50 pts in a good year I would think. In multi cats, his value increases, in points only it is somewhat diminished. I think his situation in Philly is solid and he will continue to deliver those consistent numbers regardless of what happens around him for the next few years. So to specifically answer the question, yes, he is capable of putting up a 50 point season next year. He won't put up 35 but he won't put up 60 either I don't think.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Ace

He’ll be steady, but certainly not elite as far as points go. 40-45 will be his career average if you ask me.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Stud

I looked at all the intriguing things about him:

-7th overall
    -finally has a very good team
    -2 40 point seasons (this year on pace)
    - 2 15 plus goal seasons (on pace again)
    - 200 shot season already
    -was playing top PP by seasons end

But I still feel the same way about him as all of you. I may still take a flyer on him as if he does have that Dougie Hamilton break out, the signs were there and his price will go way up. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy when I still thought 40ish points. Maybe he proves everyone wrong, but I agree I think he's a multi cat beast but better in real life than fantasy when it comes to offense

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Basically, I've thought he's apossible future Norris trophy guy since his rookie year, and I'm still on board with that.

The Flyers have a LOT of young defense options, and he's the best. Expect him to be an excellent multi-cat guy, and I think he's a 40 point+ D moving forward, barring a resurrection of Ghost.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.