Thread: Help! Big Trade!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Help! Big Trade!

Adopted the team in signature 2 years ago.. just got offered this potential blockbuster but not sure if im getting ahead of myself. I finished dead last with 600pts to the first place teams 1200.

Was offered Lindholm (3mil), Horvat (3mil), Nylander (2.5mil), Burakovsky (1.3mil), Sergachev (2mil) for my 3 1st's (2 of which are lottery picks 1-8, and the other will be 12th overall)

Salaries for players are determined at our Auction draft after keepers are finalized. League minimum salary is 500k... every consecutive year players salaries increase by 500k until at 2.5mil.. which then switches over to a 20% increase every following year.

Prospects drafted can sit in our minors for a max of 4 years then have to be called up or cut.

Should I be smashing accept? Or do I wait to see if I win Laffreiniere?
    Dynasty Auction Salary(millions),Points,13 Team,12F/6D/2G/4Res/Minors
    F:
    Marchard 6.8, Huberdeau 5.5, P. Kane 4.5, Kuznetsov 3.7, Nichuskin 3.6, Johansen 3.1, Kakko 2.7, Kuzmenko 2.5, Rust 2.5, Seguin 2.2, Perron 1.0, Chytil 0.5, Krebs 0.5, N. Robertson 0.5 D: Chabot 4.6, Nurse 4.32, Forsling 4.176, Zellweger 0.9,
    G: Vasilevsky 4.5, Demko 3.7, Hill 1.7
    Minors: Byfield, Lafreniere, Perfetti, Raymond, Drysdale, Gunler, Grans, Greig, L'Hereaux, K. Johnson, Rosen, B. Clarke, Bourgault, Othmann, Lysell, Korchinski, Dumais, Pickering, Howard, Snuggerud, Ritchie
    Draft Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Help! Big Trade!

I think you wait.

Are keepers limited by number of players, amount of salary, both, or neither?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

No limit on keepers.
    F:
    Marchard 6.8, Huberdeau 5.5, P. Kane 4.5, Kuznetsov 3.7, Nichuskin 3.6, Johansen 3.1, Kakko 2.7, Kuzmenko 2.5, Rust 2.5, Seguin 2.2, Perron 1.0, Chytil 0.5, Krebs 0.5, N. Robertson 0.5 D: Chabot 4.6, Nurse 4.32, Forsling 4.176, Zellweger 0.9,
    Minors: Byfield, Lafreniere, Perfetti, Raymond, Drysdale, Gunler, Grans, Greig, L'Hereaux, K. Johnson, Rosen, B. Clarke, Bourgault, Othmann, Lysell, Korchinski, Dumais, Pickering, Howard, Snuggerud, Ritchie

Dobber Sports Grand Master

When you call up a drafted prospect, are they at $500K or some other number?

Also, which Lindholm, and which Nylander?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

You'd be taking on five roster players and not sending any back. I am going to assume you don't have five roster spots so are you allowed to drop players for free to make room for all these guys?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Sounds like one of the perennial contenders is trying to gain a whole bunch of draft picks for none of his core pieces. Wait and see what the lotto results are, and then go from there 1. Targetting guys you actually want, and 2. Letting the league know what picks might be available so you have more offers to consider and find the best ones, if they're good enough.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

What are the odds for your two lottery picks? The offer won't be on the table, is my guess, once the lottery is over (assuming you don't win it).

Without knowing odds, my instinct is to keep the picks. Because it's a points only pool. I'm not sure I see anyone in that group as top 15 or 20.

Would also be interested in knowing if these players are scrubs to the team offering them to you (i.e. what else do they have to offer)?

Dobber Sports Ace

If you only had half the number of points as the winner, as much as I love Horvat and like Nylander and Lindholm, none of them are pendulum-swinging, elite talents. Keep your picks - especially since two of them are lottery picks.

I would even make his trade offer known to other top teams in your league, and say that you're seriously considering it (you obviously are, or else you wouldn't be here). Top teams can sometimes be coaxed into a panic move if one of their competitors is trying to make a large move. A bidding war never hurts. You have a 25% chance at either Laf or Byfield right now, so holding firm is not a bad option.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

1st round prospects have a starting salary of $1million. 2nd/3rd rounders start at $500k

Lindholm (Calgary) and William Nylander (Leafs)
    F:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I could either cut the roster players to make room, or send back any players I want. The other team is only interested in the 1sts.
    F:

Dobber Sports Deity

If it's me, I am holding those picks and hope I land Lafreniere. He would be the best player in this deal, if you land it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If it's me, I am holding those picks and hope I land Lafreniere. He would be the best player in this deal, if you land it.
    Byfield would probably be the next best option too, so the odds are you definitely want to keep what you have for now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

I would pass on the offer. There's a bunch of sort of good players for a few potential homeruns. Wait until the lottery draft happens and then see where you are positioned.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Sounds like one of the perennial contenders is trying to gain a whole bunch of draft picks for none of his core pieces. Wait and see what the lotto results are, and then go from there 1. Targetting guys you actually want, and 2. Letting the league know what picks might be available so you have more offers to consider and find the best ones, if they're good enough.
    ha! I thought the exact same thing.