Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: which one goalie for 1/4 final round of 16

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default which one goalie for 1/4 final round of 16

Hi guys, need some help here. One goalie for this round. I don't have a clue although I'm leaning towards...

...*Talbot v. Stars.

Others

*Grubauer or Francouz v Yotes

*Lehner or Fleury v Hawks
    *these guys are playing next game according to Dobber Starting Goalies.

Appreciate all input. Thanks guys. Will REP who I can.

Good luck to all.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: which one goalie for 1/4 final round of 16

If you can wait until Vegas confirms their goalie then I would go with that.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think I would go with Grubauer for now because I have more confidence in COL sticking with him than I do with VGK sticking with Lehner.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    If you can wait until Vegas confirms their goalie then I would go with that.
    Thanks hr, any idea when they "confirm". I have 2 hours left to decide. Left Wing Lock now has Fleury as projected while Dobber has Lehner.
    I guess with "time sharing" being so common now picking any one goalie is almost a crap shoot but it's the same
    issue for all FH SC poolies.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    Thanks hr, any idea when they "confirm". Left Wing Lock now has Fleury as projected while Dobber has Lehner.
    I guess with "time sharing" being so common now picking any one goalie is almost a crap shoot but it's the same
    issue for all FH SC poolies.
    Lehner just confirmed.

Dobber Sports Superstar

If you're picking for the whole round I like Grubauer both cause the Avs will win and because he has a stronger hold on starter position.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Lehner just confirmed.
    Thanks hr. Where do you get this information?
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Titan

Thanks hr. Where do you get this information?
    Beat writers on Twitter
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks Guys.
    Rep to who I could. Appreciate you taking the time.

3 replies from members whose opinions I really respect. Grubs favoured by 2, Lehner 1. So went with Grubs. May as well go all in on Aves as finally decided to
    go with 4 Aves of my 5 skaters from the West. Team is entered...

...and I'm already having 2nd thoughts. This is for the SN Fantasy Hockey Pool with salary caps (I'm a Rookie at this) and minutes after I entered my team it dawned on me, almost all my skaters (6F, 4D,) are from favoured teams and If they win series in 4-5 games I'm likely screwed. I think in this format you want your goalies to Win games but skaters should be picked based on which teams are projected to have long series...Isles/Caps, Flames/Stars, Blues/Canucks. All predicted 7 game series by the Dobber Experts Panel Predictions. Oh well, Goalies can only get so many points regardless of length of series. Go Grubs and Hart. And here's hoping the Aves, VGK, Philly have at least 6 game series.

Thanks guys.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Beat writers on Twitter
    Ahh, that's why I don't know, don't do Twitter...I'm very old and don't know how LOL.
    Thanks EB.

EDIT..Yay, Point got a goal, I'm in the top 1% of this round of the SN Fantasy Pool out of 26,000 contestants.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Icon

Is Kuemper available? Go with him!!!

Otherwise you could go with Talbot as Dallas does not score very often

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for replying CC. It came a few hours after I had to submit my Roster though. I went with Grubauer.

Kuemper was available but I didn't consider him as I don't think the Yotes will win 4 vs the Aves.
    Talbot..ya..got a W last night. Hopefully Grubs can get 4 of them.

Sorry, could not Rep you.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Is Kuemper available? Go with him!!!

Otherwise you could go with Talbot as Dallas does not score very often

Dobber Sports Padawan

Completely irrelevant but here is how the goalie points ended up.

Kuemper..2
    Talbot...5
    Lehner.....8
    Grubhauer..9

I'm happy with Grubs.

In the east I took Hart...so far 8 points.

Thanks for your input guys. Appreciate it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Completely irrelevant but here is how the goalie points ended up.

Kuemper..2
    Talbot...5
    Lehner.....8
    Grubhauer..9

I'm happy with Grubs.

In the east I took Hart...so far 8 points.

Thanks for your input guys. Appreciate it.
    Nailed it!
    Hope your skaters are treating you as well.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks. EB.
    "Nailed it!
    Hope your skaters are treating you as well."
    Hart ended up with 10 points. Grubs 9. Can't do much better than that.
    But My skaters, 6F and 4 d were like Jekyl and Hyde.
    Konecny and Weber with a point each and Krug with 2 really hurt.
    Can't have more than 1 slouch in this pool.
    So finished round one 17pts behind leader, ranked 2417 out of 34,500 participants, top 7%. Not bad.

I have a very difficult time picking players for this Sportsnet Fantasy PlayOff pool (advertised during SC telecasts) with the salary
    caps, small rosters...6F 4D 2G, but it's fun even if I don't have a hope in hell of winning anything. On to round 2.
    My goalie picks at this time are Varlamov and Lehner. Hope they are starting.

See you are still in the thick of it in that Dobber SC Pool. Flyers have to step it up a notch or 2 though, Stuntman
    and Horrorfan have pretty solid teams.