Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do I do with Dunn

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default What do I do with Dunn

Hi, keeper in Sig (pts only)

I don't know what to do with Dunn. Do you think he still have real upside? I was very high on him 2 years ago but he doesn't seems to progress.

I know that Pietrangelo is maybe leaving but they still have Faulk, Parayko and Perunovich is coming...

A GM just offered me Buchnevich for him. I'm thighter on def but Buchnevich seems to have more upside now...

Your call?
    10 teams keeper, keep 23, draft 5
    Weekly lineup (10FW, 5D, 2G) with NHL salary cap
    Goal (1pt); Assist (1); Win (2); SO (1)

FW : J.Tavares, M.Stone, S.Aho, C.Giroux, E.Kuznetsov, V.Tarasenko, M.Tkachuk, B.Marchand, T.Meier, J.Huberdeau, M.Hoffman, N. Gusev, E. Staal, H.Borgstrom, V.Kravtsov, J.Veleno, E.Tolvanen, C.Keller, M.Barzal, J.Roberston, A.DeBrincat, V.Podkolzin, G.Denisenko, A.Kaliyev

D : K.Yandle, S.Theodore, M.Rielly, O.Klefbom, R.Josi, R.Pulock, J.Walman, H.Jokiharju, C.Makar, N.Hagues

G : MA.Fleury, J.Gibson, C.Hellebuyk, E.Merzlikins, F.Gustavson, I.Sorokin

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: What do I do with Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by guinan13 View Post
    Hi, keeper in Sig (pts only)

I don't know what to do with Dunn. Do you think he still have real upside? I was very high on him 2 years ago but he doesn't seems to progress.

I know that Pietrangelo is maybe leaving but they still have Faulk, Parayko and Perunovich is coming...

A GM just offered me Buchnevich for him. I'm thighter on def but Buchnevich seems to have more upside now...

Your call?
    If you just got offered Buchnevich, then someone is trying to get rid of him knowing that any power play 1 time he might have had will be lost due to Lafreniere's arrival.

As to Dunn, the biggest question is whether Pietrangelo re-signs. He's a UFA after this year. If Pietrangelo leaves, then Dunn's value goes up. If he stays, then his value stays the same for a couple of years as Perunovich attempts to grow into a scoring D-man role. I wouldn't worry about Faulk or Parayko taking scoring time from Dunn. Their roles are pretty much set and I don't see marked growth from them.

I'd reject the offer and wait until free agency shakes out. There's no need to make the decision now. And if your opponent is desperate to dump Buchnevich before Lafreniere arrives, you can use that to offer someone lesser than Dunn.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I like this deal for you. Dunn is not in a great spot in St Louis and is unlikely to have the opportunity to take it to the next level in the short term, and beyond, that is also far from a given, I just don't have a warm and fuzzy on that. Buchnevich is progressing very nicely and 46 pts in 68 games in his fourth year is most encouraging. He is a big player at 6' 3" and I don't think we've seen his best years yet at all. I think the other GM is figuring Lafrenierre is going to negatively impact Buch's role on the Rangers. I'm not so sure about that, Buch at worst could be a significant 2nd line scoring contributor. Given the situation with Dunn, I don't think you have a whole lot to lose here, at worst you break even and you could have a real player in Buchnevich. I'd accept this deal.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Deity

I think both guys are in a precarious position for the time being with what we know today and I dont think either kid has reached their full potential.

I'd probably make the trade only because I find it easier to move a forward for a D than it is to move a D for a forward in most formats. I dont like either guy and their placement today but I can see why he's making this offer.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Both are lefties but Buchnevich is RW and Lafreniere is LW. I don't think Buchnevich will have a regression honestly...

FW : J.Tavares, M.Stone, S.Aho, C.Giroux, E.Kuznetsov, V.Tarasenko, M.Tkachuk, B.Marchand, T.Meier, J.Huberdeau, M.Hoffman, N. Gusev, E. Staal, H.Borgstrom, V.Kravtsov, J.Veleno, E.Tolvanen, C.Keller, M.Barzal, J.Roberston, A.DeBrincat, V.Podkolzin, G.Denisenko, A.Kaliyev

D : K.Yandle, S.Theodore, M.Rielly, O.Klefbom, R.Josi, R.Pulock, J.Walman, H.Jokiharju, C.Makar, N.Hagues

Dobber Sports Titan

I think you can counter asking for a bit more and if you can get the sweetener I would take it. It's a cap league and I expect Dunn to come in lower than Buch.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd take it for the same reason than Axe

I dont think Pietrangelo will move. Moving to another state/country in Covid time with 2 years old triplets is not ideal.
    Blues will need to be creative though...

Dobber Sports Padawan

To be honest, Dunn is a trade candidate as a RFA. They will need to be creative and that is potentially one of the creative things they can do to keep their captain around.
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Administrator

I prefer Buchnevich over Dunn as a fantasy asset

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Another vote for Buchnevich. With the abundance of riches that the Rangers have up front, his ES production should increase - and regardless of what PP unit he is on, it will be a very capable one. I think that there is far more certainly of production from him than there is from Dunn.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think both are in tough spots. Dunn I can see traded or ending up in Seattle. Buch is on a sweet line but no shot of PP time now. I'd go with Buch on the surface, as he's a pretty safe bet to hit 50 points on that line. Dunn I can see getting between 20-30 points in St Louis going forward. But....I'd hold off because if Dunn does get moved, his projection should increase (and he becomes more valuable than Buch)and I don't think you need to be in a hurry for Buch.

Dobber Sports Icon

Based on his play on the 2nd Horvat goal, I would probably be dropping him. Wow, did he play that terribly.

I am not a big fan of Buchnevich so I would see if you can do better than him but if you can't, I would probably move Dunn in that deal.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Based on his play on the 2nd Horvat goal, I would probably be dropping him. Wow, did he play that terribly.

Spectacular play by Horvat. Dunn got schooled.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Ouch, not good for his value haha.
    I'm trying to get little extra, but I'll probably do the Buchnevich deal.
    The other offer I got is something like a 4th (around 35th pick).

Thanks guys!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Just for info, I finally traded Dunn and Garland for 3x 3rd mid round pick (about 25th pick, year 2020, 21, 22).

Buchnevich was appealing but I have too many player already.

I will trust my scouting department ��