Thread: Lafrénière trade options

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Lafrénière trade options

I own picks 2,3,4,5,7 in this year’s draft . The other guy has 1 (Lafreniere) and 6 . I know it sounds weird but that’s the case .
    I have top NYR players and Laf would look good with them .
    What would you consider giving up for #1 ?

Also check my sig

Thanks !!
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Trying to get Lafreniere

It know it sounds weird but I have this year’s picks 2,3,4,5,7 . The other guy has 1 and 6 .
    I have a concentration of NYR and Lafreniere would look good on my team .
    Considering the above picks and my sig , what would make sense to land him ?

Thanks !
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Trying to get Lafreniere

I know it would be nice, but now is the absolute worst time to try to trade for him. If you want him, wait for his first slump a month into the season. Trading for him now is going to require a massive overpay that you'll regret in two years.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Lafrénière trade options

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I know it would be nice, but now is the absolute worst time to try to trade for him. If you want him, wait for his first slump a month into the season. Trading for him now is going to require a massive overpay that you'll regret in two years.
    I wouldn't even try to trade for him. I think he's going to be unreal, but the cost won't be worth it. Instead, just draft

2- Byfield
    3-Stutzle
    4-Rossi
    5-Perfetti
    7- Drysdale

And call it a day

Dobber Sports Pro

Offer him 2 and 7 for his 1 and some mid round pick? No more than that.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Svbetts View Post
    Offer him 2 and 7 for his 1 and some mid round pick? No more than that.
    I also think I'd keep my picks and just make them and let them grow, but if I were going to make an offer, I'd go with something like this. Just see if he's interested.

I also agree with Eskimo Brother when he says this is the worst time to try and acquire him because he's the hype right now and hype is expensive compared to relative value.

I'd dip my toes in the water, but I wouldnt dive in the deep end for him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If you have too NYR players then I wouldn’t trade for him. I would keep number two and draft someone else.

if Lafreniere does well so will your other top NYR players. If he doesn’t than you have a lot of eggs in the same basket.

and this is not because I don’t think it is worth it. I just think the value of increase to get him is worth too much.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

Really hard to say without knowing the keeper rules for all these rookies. If you can hold them forever, keep your picks. If at some point you'll be losing them for nothing (or very little) than consolidating rookie talent makes sense.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

i traded him for picks 3/4/5 , this was a month or so ago, i dont regret it either, deep draft and i get one of byfield/stutzle, drysdale(d big in my league) then one of rossi, perfetti, or ill trade pick 5 for another assett

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by mjm44 View Post
    i traded him for picks 3/4/5 , this was a month or so ago, i dont regret it either, deep draft and i get one of byfield/stutzle, drysdale(d big in my league) then one of rossi, perfetti, or ill trade pick 5 for another assett
    That's probably a trade I would make if I owned the #1 pick. Goes to show you that an overpay is necessary.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    That's probably a trade I would make if I owned the #1 pick. Goes to show you that an overpay is necessary.
    Format is everything though. Sometimes quality is substantially more important than quantity. The shallower the league, the more consolidation makes sense.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

it is but there comes a point where one man is only worth so much, having those prospects for one player was too hard to resist

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If you have too NYR players then I wouldn’t trade for him. I would keep number two and draft someone else.

if Lafreniere does well so will your other top NYR players. If he doesn’t than you have a lot of eggs in the same basket.

and this is not because I don’t think it is worth it. I just think the value of increase to get him is worth too much.
    That was my thought process too. Too many eggs in one basket is crash and burn. If you have top Rangers you will benefit of Lafreniere stars from the start and you diversify if he slumps. Byfield if a great consolation prize.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO