Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lafrenière / Rangers

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Lafrenière / Rangers

What do you think of the result for the first choice? Possible destination for Lafrenière in NY! In your opinion, is Lafrenière a definite first choice for all teams?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Lafrenière / Rangers

yes, he is unquestioned best talent and to a level where despite team needs you take the best available and figure it out after.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think the Rangers need Byfield more than Lafreniere, but they won't pass on Lafreniere.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think the Rangers need Byfield more than Lafreniere, but they won't pass on Lafreniere.
    I did ponder this as I like Byfield a lot but Alexis is a talent you must take if you are the one with the opportunity. With the logjam coming on defense once Lundkvist and Miller arrive, they def have options to trade for center help. Whatever center rides with him will mirror the likes of Strome riding the coat tails of Panarin.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm curious to know what you think will be Lafrenière's future linemates?
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Padawan

Any chance they use Deangelo as trade bait for a C? Asking for a friend who just happens to own Fox
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Giant

he's the number one pick. The only way i see them getting byfield is by trading pick one for two plus.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Trade down from 1st overall? Doubt that could that ever happen...

Dobber Sports Ace

This could make Strome, and his new contract demands, expendable. Invest money in their D, instead.

Dobber Sports Padawan

If Ottawa offers pick number 3 and 5 for the number 1 maybe...
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    I did ponder this as I like Byfield a lot but Alexis is a talent you must take if you are the one with the opportunity. With the logjam coming on defense once Lundkvist and Miller arrive, they def have options to trade for center help. Whatever center rides with him will mirror the likes of Strome riding the coat tails of Panarin.
    I could see a trade with LA. A center going to the rangers ( eg. Turcotte/ Vilardi etc.) for a defensman like Miller/ Deangelo/ Lundqvist going to LA.
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    This could make Strome, and his new contract demands, expendable. Invest money in their D, instead.
    I'm not super familiar with the team, but everything I've read suggests they're weak at C depth, and Strome has done a great job as a #2 center with the ability to slot up to the first line. I don't see any way they can afford to lose him.

Chytil is a good prospect but I don't see him being anywhere close to #2 C on a team with Cup aspirations.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersyFan View Post
    I could see a trade with LA. A center going to the rangers ( eg. Turcotte/ Vilardi etc.) for a defensman like Miller/ Deangelo/ Lundqvist going to LA.
    Maybe 1OA for Turcotte and 2OA but that still seems like not enough. There's a real gap after Lafreniere, positional requirements be damned.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Stud

After the first draft lottery, Pierre Dorion was asked if he'd package 3 and 5 for 1 and didn't answer (I think he might have given a smile). I think his answer indicated he'd definitely do it, but there was almost no way the team who'd win the lottery would do it. The Rangers, I believe, are the one team that could actually do that swap. They need C depth, and they're absolutely stacked on the wing. If they get 3 and 5, they get either Byfield or Stutzle, plus, assuming Perfetti is going to Detroit, they also get Marco Rossi. So their C position is set for a really long time.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    he's the number one pick. The only way i see them getting byfield is by trading pick one for two plus.
    I don't disagree. I just think the Rangers, with the way they are built today, could use Byfield more than Lafreniere. It just means Gorton has more work to do to even out his lines. They have plenty of assets to go hunting for a quality 2C, which isn't always the easiest thing to acquire.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."