Poll: Caps vs Isles

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 3. Washington Capitals vs 6. New York Islanders - East Quarterfinal

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: 3. Washington Capitals vs 6. New York Islanders - East Quarterfinal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Seems like a bit of an unintentional hockey collision gone wrong. I can see it from the Washington side though where it does look pretty bad. I don't think Lee is done answering for it.
    Yeah, seemed very much like an unintentional collision. Lee shouldn't have to answer for this again, he paid his dues by fighting Wilson. Backstrom isn't exactly an ironman when it comes to injuries.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Yeah, seemed very much like an unintentional collision. Lee shouldn't have to answer for this again, he paid his dues by fighting Wilson. Backstrom isn't exactly an ironman when it comes to injuries.
    He's definitely not an Ironman, but on the flip side he's also a hugely important part to the team, so that adds a layer to it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

He's definitely not an Ironman, but on the flip side he's also a hugely important part to the team, so that adds a layer to it.
    He is definitely not a band aid if that’s what’s being applied. He has played a lot of full seasons. If I recall he had that one stint where he missed a lot of time because of a concussion. But outside that he hasn’t missed many games throughout his career.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

I guess my point was more, the hit wasn't egregious, it didn't appear that Lee threw a hit or made contact with any intent. Sucks that Backstrom got hurt, but for a team to go after a player for incidental contact, they should be penalized if they try to make Lee repeatedly "answer" for the play.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Unlike the Blues series, I don't see Washington coming back from this. NYI has their number right now.

Dobber Sports Master

not much flow to game two . not sure how refs miss calling a 5 minute major on the caps when Greene was hit from behind into the boards.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    not much flow to game two . not sure how refs miss calling a 5 minute major on the caps when Greene was hit from behind into the boards.
    Refs have missed a ton of things. But ya that was pretty blatant.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Unlike the Blues series, I don't see Washington coming back from this. NYI has their number right now.
    Yeah, this one feels like it's close to over, regardless of help from the refs.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Hockey at noon. Hockey at noon. I still love hockey at noon!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Hockey at noon. Hockey at noon. I still love hockey at noon!
    Who did you jinx this time?

*I still agree though. And today there's even an F1 race to watch in the meantime.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Who did you jinx this time?

*I still agree though. And today there's even an F1 race to watch in the meantime.
    No jinx. That is just my daytime hockey jingle. Im ready for another day.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Carlson looked uninterested there.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Eller and Wilson looked good for the Caps, but the New York No Names come through with another team effort. Trotz is a pretty good coach and has the team playing well.

Dobber Sports Master

who Knew

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    who Knew
    Barry Trotz.