Poll: Caps vs Isles

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 3. Washington Capitals vs 6. New York Islanders - East Quarterfinal

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: 3. Washington Capitals vs 6. New York Islanders - East Quarterfinal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Who did you jinx this time?

*I still agree though. And today there's even an F1 race to watch in the meantime.
    May I suggest Formula E instead? No fossil fuels.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    May I suggest Formula E instead? No fossil fuels.
    Ew, gross. Slot cars. The sound and the fury of race cars are important. I watched part of an electric car race series event and there was just something missing. For me, it's like taking hitting out of hockey, it's just not the same game.

Dobber Sports Titan

I only watch it because one of my friends couldn't stop talking about it and it was enough that I caught on. I have no vested interest in racing other than that haha.

The Caps look to be just about done though...
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Another scrummy game going on right now with the Caps fighting for their playoff lives! I like the way the Isles are playing right now. Caps aren't a joke, although having Backstrom out has to hurt.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am glad Washington didn’t get swept. Anyone put any money on them coming back from 3-0?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I am glad Washington didn’t get swept. Anyone put any money on them coming back from 3-0?
    Nope, but if Backstrom comes back, I'd be tempted. Still think the Isles will put them away next game...or the next.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ovechkin is the man. I hope this goes 7 now. Coming back from 3-0 is so much less daunting now because you don't have those travel days back and forth to deal with. It's just hotel and back to the rink.

Dobber Sports Master

holtby also played well last night ; could have been worse than a 2 goal lead to come back from .

cizikas , clutter , mayfield and maybe a few others got banged up last night so we'll see if the physical toll helps caps in game 5 .

there wasnt much constant 5 on 5 flow which is the isles bread and butter . many 4 on 4's , 5 on 4's , 4 on 3's expiring at different times as the refs were whistle happy .

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Islanders and their system is rolling right now. They take it in 5.
    EB nailed it!

I have to admit that I like this Islander team, all hard work and defensive structure. I'm a little old school. I once dreamed of trying to put together a beer league team that understood and was disciplined enough to play the trap!! lol

Dobber Sports Master

brock nelson to tom wilson after the second empty netter

''pack your shit''

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    EB nailed it!

I have to admit that I like this Islander team, all hard work and defensive structure. I'm a little old school. I once dreamed of trying to put together a beer league team that understood and was disciplined enough to play the trap!! lol
    Woop. Nice to have at least one right!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)