Poll: Caps vs Isles

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 3. Washington Capitals vs 6. New York Islanders - East Quarterfinal

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: 3. Washington Capitals vs 6. New York Islanders - East Quarterfinal

Caps wake up and get a healthy Carlson back to take it in 6.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Any word on if Carlson is a go today?

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Any word on if Carlson is a go today?
    Heard he is taking warmup line rushes with Kempny.

Good news.

Game Time Prediction:

Capitals 3
    Isles 1
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

This should be a good series for my PIM playoff draft.

I have Tom Wilson as my PIM player.

This should be a good series for my PIM playoff draft.

I have Tom Wilson as my PIM player.
    And then Lee and Wilson get into a fight!! Boo ya!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

It wouldn't surprise me if this game went into multiple overtimes as well.

Dobber Sports Titan

It wouldn't surprise me if this game went into multiple overtimes as well.

Imagine an Isles/CLB matchup? That would go to 21 overtimes and the winner would just be crowned the winner of the series.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Imagine an Isles/CLB matchup? That would go to 21 overtimes and the winner would just be crowned the winner of the series.
    That would be a snooze fest for sure.

Ovy might not get a powerplay shot in this series. They are watching him very close on the Islanders PK.

1-0 Capitals!

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Bahaha that would be like in 03 when Anaheim and Minnesota made the Conference Finals. Snooze fest.

Great battle in the goal crease results in Oshie getting his second goal of the game!

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Bahaha that would be like in 03 when Anaheim and Minnesota made the Conference Finals. Snooze fest.
    At least Anaheim had Kariya.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

This is not good news for the Capitals if they are announcing that Backstrom will miss game two already.

One would think if they are announcing it already then he is not even close to playing.

And this just triggered a thought... we haven't seen Player Safety have to make a disciplinary decision yet... when was the first time that we have made it 12 days into the playoffs and not had one.

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

And this just triggered a thought... we haven't seen Player Safety have to make a disciplinary decision yet... when was the first time that we have made it 12 days into the playoffs and not had one.
    Probably the last time Kadri wasn't in a first round series.

Dobber Sports Master

I still dont know what to make of the backstrom-lee collision . Lee isnt known for this for one ; and it almost seemed like he was protecting himself from accidental contact . If Wilson was presented with similar opportunity the player would be stretchered off .

game is on FX channel in canada tonight . I guess I need to add another channel to my satt pkg . Thanks Gary

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I still dont know what to make of the backstrom-lee collision . Lee isnt known for this for one ; and it almost seemed like he was protecting himself from accidental contact . If Wilson was presented with similar opportunity the player would be stretchered off .

game is on FX channel in canada tonight . I guess I need to add another channel to my satt pkg . Thanks Gary
    Seems like a bit of an unintentional hockey collision gone wrong. I can see it from the Washington side though where it does look pretty bad. I don't think Lee is done answering for it.