Poll: TB vs CBJ

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2. Tampa Bay Lightning vs 7. Columbus Blue Jackets - East Quarterfinal

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: 2. Tampa Bay Lightning vs 7. Columbus Blue Jackets - East Quarterfinal

Will be interesting to see how the teams are less than 48 hours after a 5 overtime game. Can Columbus keep up that stingy play or will it be a 6-4 final?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2. Tampa Bay Lightning vs 7. Columbus Blue Jackets - East Quarterfinal

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Will be interesting to see how the teams are less than 48 hours after a 5 overtime game. Can Columbus keep up that stingy play or will it be a 6-4 final?
    You would think the game would slow down into Columbus' game style if the teams are tired, so I think it's likely advantage Blue Jackets.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Later in the Toronto series Columbus gave up some stretches of goals... was it because they were tired? Was it because Toronto figured them out?

I think we have the potential to see a high scoring game today. I wonder if Stamkos and his fresh legs come back, how much of a difference that would make for todays game.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Today's prediction:

Columbus 4 - TB 1

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Today's prediction:

Columbus 4 - TB 1
    My Game time prediction was going to be the inverse:

Tampa 4
    Columbus 1
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

How about you split the difference and it gets to 5-5 and then goes on forever. First ever playoff tie*.

*Not verified.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    How about you split the difference and it gets to 5-5 and then goes on forever. First ever playoff tie*.

*Not verified.
    Definitely not true. For example, the Oilers and Bruins tied the original game four of the 1988 Stanley Cup Finals. The game was suspended due to a "power outage" near the end of the 2nd period. The game was replayed in Edmonton a few days later and Edmonton won to complete the sweep and to win their 4th Stanley Cup in 5 years.

Dobber Sports Titan

Definitely not true. For example, the Oilers and Bruins tied the original game four of the 1988 Stanley Cup Finals. The game was suspended due to a "power outage" near the end of the 2nd period. The game was replayed in Edmonton a few days later and Edmonton won to complete the sweep and to win their 4th Stanley Cup in 5 years.
    I figured it wasn't, but I didn't have a chance to look it up. Wonder what other reasons have caused ties in the past.

Elvis is not on the bench. Deemed unfit to play.

They are planning for 6 OT periods... so he is napping in his room and will get dressed after the 3rd period. They will bring him in after the 2OT period.

​​

I wonder what the record is for the most saves in a 7 game series... Korpisalo has to be on pace for that.

Already at 25 saves and they are still in the 2nd period.

I tried googling it but couldn't find it. All I could find is most saves by a goalie in the Stanley Cup Finals (Tim Thomas - 238) Which is 34 saves per game for 7 games.

Korpisalo has 111 saves through one game and two periods which means he is 127 away from beating that amount.

Today's prediction:

Columbus 4 - TB 1
    Great guess... you are an empty net goal away from being smack dab!

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I wonder what the record is for the most saves in a 7 game series... Korpisalo has to be on pace for that.

Already at 25 saves and they are still in the 2nd period.

I tried googling it but couldn't find it. All I could find is most saves by a goalie in the Stanley Cup Finals (Tim Thomas - 238) Which is 34 saves per game for 7 games.

Korpisalo has 111 saves through one game and two periods which means he is 127 away from beating that amount.
    So he should wrap that up part way thru game 4.

Pretty strong comeback by the Blue Jackets today, they are not going to be an easy out at all. Tortorello has really grown on me as a coach as he has mellowed out a little bit.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    So he should wrap that up part way thru game 4.

Pretty strong comeback by the Blue Jackets today, they are not going to be an easy out at all. Tortorello has really grown on me as a coach as he has mellowed out a little bit.
    Yes, he should. I wish I could find what the record is for any game 7 series rather than just the finals.

​​

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I figured it wasn't, but I didn't have a chance to look it up. Wonder what other reasons have caused ties in the past.
    From Mental Floss. There have been four ties in NHL playoff history, and three involve the Bruins. From the article:

"In 1927, the Bruins and Ottawa Senators played to a 0-0 tie in Game 1 of what was supposed to be a best-of-three series. NHL President Frank Calder decided that the ice at the Boston Garden was unplayable after two 10-minute overtime periods and called the game. Calder ruled that subsequent games would use the same two-overtime format and that if the series wasn’t decided after five games, the Bruins and Senators would share the title. Ottawa won Game 2. The teams tied Game 3."

Ottawa won game 4 to win the series with two wins and two ties.

The next tie was the 1988 finals, as mentioned.

There was also a tie in the 1919 finals, which was eventually cancelled due to the flu. Game 4 was a 0-0 score after double overtime. You can read some of the boxscores and stories here.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Titan

Cool, thanks for looking that up!
    Wonder if/when we get another one and why it might be. Recently we've seen postponed regular season games get made up at a later date (medical emergencies and such). Playoffs I would imagine nowadays would get rescheduled instead of going down as a tie.