Poll: Flyers or Habs

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 1. Philadelphia Flyers vs 8. Montreal Canadiens - East Quarterfinal

The Great One

Default Re: 1. Philadelphia Flyers vs 8. Montreal Canadiens - East Quarterfinal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I read it was not COVID related.
    Yes - GM MB said it wasn’t covid related in his statement.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/m...en/c-318455414
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Yes - GM MB said it wasn’t covid related in his statement.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/m...en/c-318455414
    I hope he is okay.

Hope he doesn't become to much of a distraction/motivation for the series.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

I hope he is okay.

Hope he doesn't become to much of a distraction/motivation for the series.
    This is awful nice of the Canadiens captain wanting to win for the Flyers captain

Weber said there is a natural emotional and shock factor upon learning the news, one that the Habs could channel into a ‘Win for Claude’ push.
    But I had a feeling that it would come to this... hopefully the Flyers can find their own motivation, maybe it would be a strategic time to bring #OskarStrong back into the lineup... but only if he is 100% ready...

Or maybe its best to not fix what doesn't need fixing.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Game Day!!!

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

I read it was not COVID related.
    https://twitter.com/TSNHockey/status...62273545052162

Montreal Canadiens head coach Claude Julien is heading back to Montreal to rest at home following stenting of a coronary artery, it was announced by the team on Friday.

Doctors expect him to make a full recovery: http://tsn.ca/1.1509116
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Glad he will make a full recovery.

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Damn. MTL came out strong today for Julien.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Damn. MTL came out strong today for Julien.
    This should likely lower everyone's expecations for the Flyers.

The Canadiens have scored more goals agains the Flyers today then Tampa, Boston and Washington combined for in the Round Robin.

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Max Domi breaks his playoff goose egg as well. Good first 2 periods for Les Habitants.

Will the Flyers ever shake the Broadstreet bullies stereotype?

I may be biased, but that is two pretty weak interference calls against the Flyers... both coming after Weber retaliated to a hit by Couturier and knocked Couturier over and hit him while he was down and held him down for a bit...

What makes it worse is the Canadiens scored on them.

​​

The Great One

Well that went well. Kotkaniemi - with four postseason goals under his belt, is now tied with Henri Richard for third-most playoff goals by an under-21-year-old in NHL history. This may end up a shining example to the world that the French speaking requirement for the head coach is asinine. I hope so.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ninja

Big time performance by the Habs. Making it a series.

Dobber Sports Titan

They came out stronger than expected. But not many people expected a sweep here, so it's still open.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

Habs ****ing killed us yesterday. I cannot think of a single thing to take away as a positive for the Flyers. Gross. Boys better stop getting out worked like that. It is a total embarrassment.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Habs ****ing killed us yesterday. I cannot think of a single thing to take away as a positive for the Flyers. Gross. Boys better stop getting out worked like that. It is a total embarrassment.
    Series is tied 1-1 and the Habs shot their load. You're welcome.