Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thomas vs Zadina

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Thomas vs Zadina

Man ! I'm reading all your comments and i'm a lucky guy.

I've just traded Zadina to another guy for his 6th overall pick in 2020 + round 9 in 2021 + pulock. Haha

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by forwardpro View Post

I've just traded Zadina to another guy for his 6th overall pick in 2020 + round 9 in 2021 + pulock. Haha
    Wow I like Zadina probably a bit more than most here, but that's a great trade for you. Even without knowing your league settings. 😀

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by forwardpro View Post

Yeah that's a massive haul. Curious on the settings too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Keeper League : 16 GM's

We keep a total of 8 keepers each season forward-defs-goalie

Points only = goals and assists equal value.

Prospects are illimited in the farm. We can keep prospects in the farm until they reach 150 games played or 25 years old.

Salary Cap for 2020-2021 = 97.8M

Players that counts in the total points:

10 best forwards
    4 best defense
    1 best goalie

After the hockey draft (12 rounds) we can have a maximum of:

15 forwards
    8 defense
    3 goalie

But cannot exceed a maximum of 23 players in full roster to play.

Dobber Sports Titan

I can see the appeal for a guy like Zadina in this league, but going back to the OP, it shows that there's probably someone in your league that will overpay to get Zadina from you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

My league is weird. Really hard to get people interested in trades. I put Carlson on the market for everyone and no one seems even interested. Had one GM say he'd only be interested in Q. Hughes or Theodore. The Makar owner wants nothing to do with a trade for Carlson + whatever. Everyone seems only interested in the big bargain deals.

Knowing this, I had an idea of possibly approaching the owner of Werenski and offer up a 1 for 1 with Carlson. That would clear up $3M in cap space to keep Eichel instead of Debrincat. Worth it or better to just keep what I have and drop Eichel? Any other ideas aside from Makar and Dahlin as possible targets?

Dobber Sports Titan

How's the Adam Fox owner looking?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    How's the Adam Fox owner looking?
    He owns fox, dahlin, heiskenen, marino and hedman. So that's most likely not an option. Plus I traded with him at trade deadline and got his 3rd an 7th round picks

Dobber Sports Titan

Hronek, Pionk, and Hamilton are the next three on my top skaters list.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hronek is one of my keepers with hughes and theodore. The pionk and hamilton owner is the one who said is only interested in hughes or theodore... Which I told him I wasn't doing unless he included MacInnon in the deal. 😉

I'll keep checking in with GMs but if no one bites I'll just keep him. Pretty sure I could actually redraft Eichel past the 4 first rounds of our draft if I can get some good low salary players.

Dobber Sports Titan

Sandin, Weresnki, Boqvist, Byram, and Dobson would be the next set to check in on, but other than Weresnki they're all unproved with a lot of question marks.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you can't get a fair deal for Carlson, you keep him.

Forwardpro made a great deal with Zadina, and I like Zadina.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just to revisit my original questioning, I still wonder with Thomas having 1 year left on his elc compared to 2 years on Zadina's elc if the downgrade is really that bad!?

Because of the depth of the Blues' lineup, Thomas seems to be stuck as a 3rd line center for the time being and PP2. I'm impressed with how he produced this season in those conditions but wonder if that will limit his production at least for next year (I think I'm in win now for at least the next 3 seasons if I play my cards right). On the other hand Zadina is on a poor team but before his injury if I remember correctly he was seeing time on the 2 first lines and on PP1. Last year's Dobber guide also has them both with the same upside, but with the 3YP in Thomas' favour.

If I can't trade any of them I will keep Thomas. If I put both on the market and only receive interest for Thomas, would you consider trading him and keeping Zadina? If so what would you be looking for? Pick? Pick upgrade? Keeper upgrade?

My keepers right now would be McDavid, Crosby, Pastrnak, Huberdeau, DeBrincat, J.Hughes, Thomas, Carlson, Q. Hughes, Theodore, Hronek, Hart. Around $62M of $81.5M cap for 12 of 20 roster players.
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Titan

Upgrade on DeBrincat?

I mean, try to keep Thomas, but if you have to trade him, take the best you can get.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Upgrade on DeBrincat?

I mean, try to keep Thomas, but if you have to trade him, take the best you can get.
    I don't HAVE to trade him. Honestly I like Thomas but I also like Zadina and his opportunity (seems more than most so trying to get feedback in case I'm completely off) and think he will be close to Thomas in points at least for next season. I think Thomas might have better value in a trade in my league. Also DeBrincat seems to be the guy that I need to upgrade, but I traded to get him thinking he was a buy low.

So basically I'm trying to figure out the best way to winning next season and wondering if It's possible to upgrade from what I have.
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)