Thread: Yamamoto vs Lindholm

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Yamamoto vs Lindholm

I know the obvious answer here is Lindholm however I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts on Yamamoto. The projections I've seen for him seem to vary wildly. Would you trade Lindholm for Yamamoto and a + (likely a future first rounder) or is Lindholm too likely to remain the significantly better option?
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Yamamoto vs Lindholm

If it's Elias you're talking about then he's my choice. If it's Hampus, give me Yamamoto.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

If you can get a 2022 first rounder thrown in, then I think that I would take Yamamoto. He has exposure to elite players, and he works hard defensively, which has earned the trust of his coach. The glaring problems are a small sample size and a lack of PP1. Both of those could be solved in time.

Again, only doing this if the future first rounder you suggested is 2022, and you have a strong inkling that it'll be a top 10, preferably lottery, pick.

Elias is certainly no slouch either, and has the PP1 and sample size factors that Yamamoto lacks.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Lindholm for me. He is basically already where Yamamoto aspires to be. Whether Yamamoto gets there or not is far from a given. I take the sure thing here.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Icon

As much as I think Yamamoto is going to be a very solid NHL player, I am not sure he will ever score at Lindholm's level. Yamamoto looks more like a complementary winger on a 2nd line who plays on the PK and gets limited PP ice time.

Dobber Sports Titan

Assuming this is for your league in your sig, I'm not sur why you're trying to downgrade instead of upgrade. I like Yamamoto, but not at that price, and definitely not with the competitive team you have.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yamamoto is an interesting player because he accumulates his points based on hustle as opposed what we think of as "skill". But he's a good enough passer and finisher that when his hustling style creates chances, he can feed a linemate for a goal or bury a chance.

I'd take Lindholm, but I like Yamamoto, and the chance of playing with either McDavid or Draisaitl is remarkable.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Assuming this is for your league in your sig, I'm not sur why you're trying to downgrade instead of upgrade. I like Yamamoto, but not at that price, and definitely not with the competitive team you have.
    I don't entirely disagree. In making trades to acquire my roster I've completely depleted my team of quality prospects and picks (I literally have no picks left through 2023). I recently overpaid for McDavid and it's left a big hole in my squad, which is top 3 but not a lock to win in this league by any means. My thinking was if I can flip Lindholm for a player that turns out to be more or less equivalent + a couple other pieces, I'd be able to replenish my lost depth. It sounds like most feel that Yamamoto has a lower ceiling than Lindholm though so I believe I'll just stand pat
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    I don't entirely disagree. In making trades to acquire my roster I've completely depleted my team of quality prospects and picks (I literally have no picks left through 2023). I recently overpaid for McDavid and it's left a big hole in my squad, which is top 3 but not a lock to win in this league by any means. My thinking was if I can flip Lindholm for a player that turns out to be more or less equivalent + a couple other pieces, I'd be able to replenish my lost depth. It sounds like most feel that Yamamoto has a lower ceiling than Lindholm though so I believe I'll just stand pat
    That makes sense, and it's the kind of thinking I employ fairly often, just not the right names for it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

With Lafrenière not going in Edmonton, Yamamto will have all the chances to produce next season...
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev