Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tallon out in sunny FLA

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Tallon out in sunny FLA

I wonder if the new guy keeps coach Quenneville or decide to let him go. Would be a hard coach to fire.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I wonder if the new guy keeps coach Quenneville or decide to let him go. Would be a hard coach to fire.
    With the rumours that ownership is keeping the purse shut I can't see them cutting Q loose 1 year into a 5 year $30M+ contract no matter what the new GM wants to do.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If anything, I can see them hiring a GM who wants to help Q's vision building the team going forward.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    With the rumours that ownership is keeping the purse shut I can't see them cutting Q loose 1 year into a 5 year $30M+ contract no matter what the new GM wants to do.
    great point.

so likely they won’t hire very good GM. Instead they will hire a GM that is going to do exactly what the owners want. That isn’t never good for a franchise.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

Sell the team and move it to Quebec City, the fans there will make the players accountable.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Genius

- I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Sell the team and move it to Quebec City, the fans there will make the players accountable.
    it would be quick like atlanta to winnipeg if it happened ; I think .

any panther experts know if they are tied to a unbreakable lease or a crazy good t.v deal ?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    it would be quick like atlanta to winnipeg if it happened ; I think .

any panther experts know if they are tied to a unbreakable lease or a crazy good t.v deal ?
    lol

[Conspiracy Theory] Sunrise, Florida: Tanking for Re-Location

Dobber Sports Master

That’s pretty wild that I posted same question in that thread from 2015 lol

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    That’s pretty wild that I posted same question in that thread from 2015 lol
    Pretty wild that I wrote the Ramblings back then lol.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Florida needs some steady leadership up top.

If Peng's theory holds up the the new GM is going to be the newest GM of Quebec City's reboot franchise.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Chiarelli had some bright spots. Locking up McDavid at $12.5M and Draisaitl at $8.5M both look pretty good right now. Even Koskinen at $4.5M didn't turn out as bad as many thought (myself included).
    If my memory serves me correctly, Koskinen was the worst performing goalie of the play-in round. I don't think he's worth $4.5M per season nor should a GM have been allowed to sign a 3 year contract the day before he was fired. How much better would the Oilers goaltending have been this season if they had to go out and sign 2 goalies instead of having Koskinen locked up at that contract? Free agents the Oilers could have signed instead of having Smith/Koskinen:

Lehner
    Varlamov
    Mrazek
    Talbot

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    If my memory serves me correctly, Koskinen was the worst performing goalie of the play-in round. I don't think he's worth $4.5M per season nor should a GM have been allowed to sign a 3 year contract the day before he was fired. How much better would the Oilers goaltending have been this season if they had to go out and sign 2 goalies instead of having Koskinen locked up at that contract? Free agents the Oilers could have signed instead of having Smith/Koskinen:

Lehner
    Varlamov
    Mrazek
    Talbot
    That's like criticizing a player for having a terrible WJC. It's a pretty small sample size. He actually had a really good regular season, all things considered. I didn't like the signing when it happened, but Koskinen has earned his money so far IMO. Maybe not in the short series, but let's be honest, anyone who watched the Oilers play the Blackhawks will tell you the team played terrible in front of their goalies and didn't give them much help. Put any of those goalies behind the Oilers in this series and maybe Lehner comes out better, but I dont have much faith in the other guys you mentioned.

It could be worse for the Oilers, they could be paying their goalie $10M like the Panthers are, and he is playing golf now too.

The Great One

Koskinen was a terrible signing. Too bad they didn’t fire Chiarelli before he did it. He’s never even been a replacement level goalie in the NHL. The players in front of him don’t trust him. The Oilers are still in real trouble and may not recover from the damage Chiarelli did before McDavid is out of his prime.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Koskinen was a terrible signing. Too bad they didn’t fire Chiarelli before he did it. He’s never even been a replacement level goalie in the NHL. The players in front of him don’t trust him. The Oilers are still in real trouble and may not recover from the damage Chiarelli did before McDavid is out of his prime.
    LOL!! You obviously only watch Oilers highlights and dont watch their games. You keep doing that.

I am not saying he's Carey Price quality. I am saying the contract isn't nearly as bad as it appeared at the time of the signing. He's played well enough to earn that.