Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Matt Tkachuk or Guentzel?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Matt Tkachuk or Guentzel?

I think that Tkachuck has the potential to make you regret picking Guentzel down the line. But in the short-term I go Guentzel as well. Guentzel was showing us that his 75+ pt season last year wasn't a fluke while Tkachuck was regressing a bit. That plus their respective situations & roles makes me lean Guentzel too, and the cheaper salary just pushes it more so in Guentzel's favour.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Those are all good points. I don't like using pace to project full season results but other do. So does the NHL apparently since James Neal scored 21 goals this year according to the Lucic trade!
    I agree with you for some guys that are legitimate band aid boys, but I don't see Guentzel as one at this point. Also as EB pointed out, it also depends on ability to replace injured guys in your league setup.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm going with Guentzel for a few reasons.

1. I cant stand to look at MTkachuk and his mouthguard outside his mouth, constantly chewing on it. I hope you choke on it you miserable SOB.
    2. Guentzel is cheaper and just as productive.
    3. I cant stand to look at MTkachuk and his mouthguard outside his mouth, constantly chewing on it. I hope you choke on it you miserable SOB.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'm going with Guentzel for a few reasons.

1. I cant stand to look at MTkachuk and his mouthguard outside his mouth, constantly chewing on it. I hope you choke on it you miserable SOB.
    2. Guentzel is cheaper and just as productive.
    3. I cant stand to look at MTkachuk and his mouthguard outside his mouth, constantly chewing on it. I hope you choke on it you miserable SOB.
    2 of these are arguments that I can really agree with. Thankfully, I don't need to watch a guy play just because I draft him in a fantasy league.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

In points only, i'm taking Guentzel and also in multi cat i'd make the argument that Guentzel's 40+ goals, over 100 hits and high shooting volume, and to top that, probably 90+ point upside would be more attractive. Also, Tkachuk's contract is up 2 years before Guentzel's, making the salary cap element favour Guentzel even more, cheaper and longer contract. If it was Brady Tkachuk in multi cat, then I would take him as he is such a monster in PIM's, Hits, and with a point upside that may be similar to his older brother's.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Guentzel, but it's not crazy if you prefer MTkachuk.

Both are solid scorers. I simply think that Guentzel's situation is slightly better, and he's slightly cheaper.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

I like Guentzel here, but if the flames ever decided to try a top line of Johnny, Monahan and Tkachuk all year, then instant switch. Imagine if their roles were reversed. Tkachuk is the perfect dude to staple to Crosby given style and scoring ability to free up space for Sid.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)