My goalie situation currently looks like:

Active:
    Vasilevski
    Fleury
    Hart

Minors:
    Shesterkin
    Sorokin

It a keep 10, my preference would be to keep max 3 Goalies, as we play 2 per week. I will have to activate Shesterkin as he won't be able to be stashed through next season. I can likely keep sorokin in the minors and delay a decision on him.

I feel like Vasilevski is untouchable.

Fleury proably has the least trade value right now.

Between Hart and Shesterkin, who would you rather keep/trade? Or is there another angle to look at this situation?
    Weekly H2H 4gm/week 14 Teams,21 Player roster+3 protected prospects
    20wk Reg season+3Rd of Playoff
    Keep 10

G+A=1pt, Dman G+A=1.5pt, PPG=1pt, PPA=0.5pt, SHG=1pt, SHA=0.5pt, ShootoutG=0.25pt, GWG=1pt, Hatty=3pt, DMan Hatty=5pt, +/- (For D only)=+/- 0.5pt, W=2pt, L=-1pt, OTL=1pt, ShootoutL=0.5pt, SO=1pt, S=0.1pt, GA=-0.5pt, Goalie Goal=5pt

Play 2C 2LW 2RW 3F 3D 2G
    C:Zibanejad Stamkos Schmaltz
    LW:Panarin Kaprizov Bunting Barbashev D.Strome
    RW:Keller Terry Necas Kakko Raddysh
    D: Carlson Theodore Morrissey Matheson
    G:Vasilevskiy Sorokin Merzlikins Johansson
    Prospects: Miroshnichenko Dostal Commesso

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Need to trade 1 stud...

I'd still shop Fleury and see what you can get for him.

I agree, I wouldnt trade the other guys.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Even if Fleury's trade value is the lowest right now.. I would see what I can get for him.

I would rather trade Fleury for pennies on the dollar (or even drop him) then trade away Hart or Shesterkin right now.

Hart is firmly implanted as the Flyers goalie. And we saw what I believe to be the final passing of the torch from the King to Shesterkin last night.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Even if Fleury's trade value is the lowest right now.. I would see what I can get for him.

I would rather trade Fleury for pennies on the dollar (or even drop him) then trade away Hart or Shesterkin right now.

Hart is firmly implanted as the Flyers goalie. And we saw what I believe to be the final passing of the torch from the King to Shesterkin last night.
    I would do this as well.
    See what you can get for Fleury. Then, if you really get nothing in return, put the rest of your goalies on the block, and see what offers come in. You may get a massive overpayment for one and that would also solve your dilemma.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would ship Fleury even with the low trade value
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would do this as well.
    See what you can get for Fleury. Then, if you really get nothing in return, put the rest of your goalies on the block, and see what offers come in. You may get a massive overpayment for one and that would also solve your dilemma.
    That is what it would take for me to be tempted to move one of the others but see what happens when you shop Fleury first.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

My gut instinct is to trade Shesterkin while your fellow GMs think he's the best goalie in the NHL. I still don't think he's going to be that good in the NHL.

The best strategy would be to shop all of your goalies and then report back here with the best offer for each of them. We can then help you decide which option makes the most sense for your team.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Shop all the goalies and try to maximize value. Don't want to be losing anyone for nothing. You could use a stud winger or Dman - you got the assets to make move. Think I would only keep 2 goalies in this format. Take whatever you can get for Fleury, the sun is starting to set on his career.
    Can overpay for a stud player as you only get to keep 10. Bet one of the lower place teams who are rebuilding would pay for Shesterkin
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

Try Fleury for anything you can get. If that fails; yes, Shesterkin has the hype, but Hart is much further ahead so I take Hart here. Trade the shiny new 'what if' toy in Shesterkin.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree that shopping Fleury makes the most sense now. Be willing to shop others (I'd exclude Vas) if the return is too close to nothing.

Shesterkin's value can only go up for a while, barring an injury in the offseason. I cannot imagine the Rangers dealing him, nor deciding to run with just Georgiev/Lundqvist. One of those last two either ends up somewhere else, or nothing changes.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

I'd consider dropping Fleury is he has not trade value; I wouldn't trade a stud goalie just because your old goalie isn't worth a hill of beans.