Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lafrenière Lottery

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: The Lafrenière Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    Another possibility would be to play wheeler at center.

Connor-Schefele-Laine
    Lafreniere-Wheeler-Ehlers
    That would be a smart decision as well and would look like a very competitive top 6.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but also on-topic... Phillip Danault, MON's "C1", is one of the more under-appreciated players in the NHL.
    He's Bergeron-lite. His +17 and +18 on a "talent-starved" MON team over the past two seasons is REALLY, REALLY good.
    He's a player I've been tracking since his trade from CHI to MON (especially since Montreal didn't have a lot of french players in recent years).
    He's putting up 40-50pts yearly... at even-strength!

I mean, if I said "Tell me the NHL players who are +30 or better over last two NHL seasons and have 80 or more ESP"... it's not going to be a long-list.
    Maybe 15-20 players.

If Danault gets Lafreniere on his LW... he could become a 60pt player.
    And Danault has the two-way ability to anchor a rookie on wing.

[The NHL almost needs to create a presidential-type mandate that doesn't allow Laf to end up on CHI, PIT, EDM, or TOR. I'd cry. I want Laf on a hockey-crazed city that hasn't had a #1 in recent years... MIN-VAN or CGY-WPG... either of those "losers" would be good with me.]
    While I agree with your comments about how Danault is very underrated, he's already passing the torch to Suzuki as the number 1 center.
    If Lafrenière ends up in Montreal, he will play with of their young players down the middle: Suzuki or Kotkaniemi, whoever emerges as their more potent weapon.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Icon

There's a good chance we add a few more teams to the Lafreniere watch today.

Dobber Sports Deity

I cant remember if this was asked/answered already or not but how does the actual Lafreniere lottery work once they have all eligible teams? Does every team get one ball and out comes the winner or is there a varying amount of lottery balls based on the teams and how they finished in the regular season? ie, Does the best ranked team who lost to an underdog in the playins get less balls than a team who finished with less regular season points?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I cant remember if this was asked/answered already or not but how does the actual Lafreniere lottery work once they have all eligible teams? Does every team get one ball and out comes the winner or is there a varying amount of lottery balls based on the teams and how they finished in the regular season? ie, Does the best ranked team who lost to an underdog in the playins get less balls than a team who finished with less regular season points?
    I am not sure about the number of balls in the lottery. But each of the teams gets a 12.5% chance of winning the lotter. (12.5 * 8 = 100%)

I am not sure if the 12.5% is represented by 1/8 balls or 125/1000 though.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

All 8 teams will have a 12.5% chance at landing Lafreniere.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    All 8 teams will have a 12.5% chance at landing Lafreniere.
    Gotcha. Thats what I thought but I read something earlier online that had me second guessing it.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Florida Panthers... come on down!

Huberdeau - Barkov - Hoffman
    ???? - ???? - Dadonov

There is definitely a nice open spot for Lafreniere in the top 6 on this squad.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Oilers and Pens have a 25 percent change of one of them getting it. Frickin balls is what it is!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DocMcPuffin View Post
    Oilers and Pens have a 25 percent change of one of them getting it. Frickin balls is what it is!
    Neither of the those teams have been eliminated? Not sure what you mean here...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

???? - ???? - Dadonov

So when Hoffman and Dadonov walk as free agents, the Panthers only have 2 top 6 forwards? That could explain why they did not make the actual playoffs this year. There is definitely room for Lafreniere on this squad. For his sake though, I hope the Panthers don't win the lottery.

Dobber Sports Stud

Florida would be a really great landing spot for Lafreniere. Franchise-saving, and Coach Q would help the young-un develop. Let alone the Atlantic division pecking order changes in a year or two.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Neither of the those teams have been eliminated? Not sure what you mean here...
    T'was a premature statement, I agree, with some low key bitterness
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

???? - ???? - Dadonov

This is assuming they resign pending ufa's hoffman and dadonov. Vatrano and Connolly could figure into the top 6, as well prospects Denisenko, Tippett, and maybe Borgstrom and Heopniemi could get a shot in the top six mix.

Dobber Sports Deity

???? - ???? - Dadonov

Denisenko???