Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lafrenière Lottery

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: The Lafrenière Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    That's tough to say as only time will tell! Or in this case, time will likely never tell since there's only a 12.5% chance Lafreniere ends up playing for the Rangers next season.
    I plan on discussing all 8 teams that are part of the lottery in this thread. New York is the only one that we are aware of so far.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The possibility is definitely intriguing. Recognize that you're all talking Top 6, but the Top 9 is actually pretty compelling. David Quinn could bread competition by moving the Top 9 up and down depending on who's hot. That may not bode well for some of the veterans but if the room agrees to be coached that way it's compelling.

Panarin - Zibanejad - Buchnevich

Kreider - R. Strome - Kakko

Lafreniere - Chytil/Howden - Fast

The freedom to mix it up with that group is exciting!!!!
    9 Team Points Only Dynasty - 27 Player Roster (17 Keepers) - 12 F, 6 D, 2 UTL, 2 G, 5 Bench - 2.5G, 2A, 1PP, 2SHG, 1SHA, 3W, 2SO, 1OTL, 0.05SV

F: J Robertson, Huberdeau, Rantanen, Aho, Kaprizov, Scheifele, Connor, DeBrincat, Cozens, Ehlers, Toffoli, Kopitar, Trocheck, Schmaltz, W Johnston, Teravainen, J Quinn
    D: Dahlin, Werenski, M Rielly, S Jones, McCavoy, Gustafsson
    G: Shesterkin, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I plan on discussing all 8 teams that are part of the lottery in this thread. New York is the only one that we are aware of so far.
    I will gladly join you and others in these discussions!

Dobber Sports Stud

There would be an embarrassment of riches in NY if Lafrenière ends up there...
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Administrator

Will be interesting to see what shakes out in the other series to see where the Rangers' pick would end up if they were to NOT win the #1 pick. They finished 18th in Pts% so the worst case scenario lands them with the #14 pick. Upsets in MTL, CHI, AZN, and MIN would jump them up to #10 as a worst case, with a 75% chance at landing at that spot but a 12.5% shot at #1 and a 12.5% shot at picking #9. Some big swings for them.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JSquared View Post
    The possibility is definitely intriguing. Recognize that you're all talking Top 6, but the Top 9 is actually pretty compelling. David Quinn could bread competition by moving the Top 9 up and down depending on who's hot. That may not bode well for some of the veterans but if the room agrees to be coached that way it's compelling.

Panarin - Zibanejad - Buchnevich

Kreider - R. Strome - Kakko

Lafreniere - Chytil/Howden - Fast

The freedom to mix it up with that group is exciting!!!!
    I think Panarin is safe if there is bread competiton.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Will be interesting to see what shakes out in the other series to see where the Rangers' pick would end up if they were to NOT win the #1 pick. They finished 18th in Pts% so the worst case scenario lands them with the #14 pick. Upsets in MTL, CHI, AZN, and MIN would jump them up to #10 as a worst case, with a 75% chance at landing at that spot but a 12.5% shot at #1 and a 12.5% shot at picking #9. Some big swings for them.
    Is this the way the draft is going to work? The teams that lose the play-ins are going to get picks 1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 based on the results of the 2nd lottery and points percentage.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Is this the way the draft is going to work? The teams that lose the play-ins are going to get picks 1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 based on the results of the 2nd lottery and points percentage.
    Quoted straight from the NHL: "Picks No. 9-15 will be assigned to the other teams that lose the eight qualifier series, in inverse order of their points percentage."
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

So, how crazy will this get if all (or most) of these teams end up with a shot at #1 overall:

Rangers
    Oilers
    Penguins
    Maple Leafs
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    So, how crazy will this get if all (or most) of these teams end up with a shot at #1 overall:

Rangers
    Oilers
    Penguins
    Maple Leafs
    Rangers are the only team from that group that actually deserves him. All the others should have been in playoffs and I would be extremely disappointed if any of them get him.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Rangers are the only team from that group that actually deserves him. All the others should have been in playoffs and I would be extremely disappointed if any of them get him.
    I think it's fine no matter who wins the lottery. The NHL is a joke when it comes to the way the lottery works, so making a mockery of it is perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I think it's fine no matter who wins the lottery. The NHL is a joke when it comes to the way the lottery works, so making a mockery of it is perfectly fine.
    True. I wish it worked like the NFL. But I know it can’t because of the longer season and that NHL teams seem more likely to tank for some reason. Haha

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

True. I wish it worked like the NFL. But I know it can’t because of the longer season and that NHL teams seem more likely to tank for some reason. Haha
    Yeah, maybe teams would tank, but there must be a better way. With the salary cap, teams have a small window to reap the rewards of excellent drafting. I think less teams should have a shot at the first overall pick. Maybe only the bottom 5 teams are in the lottery and the winner gets the first overall pick? Simple I know, but when I watch the draft lottery, it's stupid that they have what, 14 cards/teams in it? Goofy.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Lafrenière in a Penguins uniform next year?
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    Lafrenière in a Penguins uniform next year?
    I hope they are part of the lottery. But I hope majorly that they do not win it!

​​