Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lafrenière Lottery

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default The Lafrenière Lottery

We have our first contestant for the Lafrenière lottery - The New York Rangers.

How does he fit into the top 6? Does he crack the top 6 this December? Does he instantly improve this roster enough to make the actual playoffs next year?

Current Top 6

Panarin - Zibanejad - Buchnevich

Kreider - R. Strome - Kakko

Panarin and Kreider are both inked long term.... would either of them be able to play right wing?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: The Lafrenière Lottery

I am not sure RStrome is there long term, but Lafreniere doesn't change much there seeing as he plays the wing. That being said, I could see them trying to move Buchnevich to make room for him if need be, or move Buchnevich down the lineup.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Kakko also didn't really get an easy shot in the top six this season, so if he was to land in NY, then there's no reason he would be gifted with top minutes to start anyways.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am not sure RStrome is there long term, but Lafreniere doesn't change much there seeing as he plays the wing. That being said, I could see them trying to move Buchnevich to make room for him if need be, or move Buchnevich down the lineup.
    And have Lafreniere play right wing? Or do one of Kreider or Panarin move to right wing?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Initiate

They go Byfield.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    They go Byfield.
    I would love to see that. Chaos!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

When is the lotery for that 1st overall pick?
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    This coming Monday, once all the play-ins have been completed.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    Its in between the qualifying round and the first round. So I think that would be Monday August 10?

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    And have Lafreniere play right wing? Or do one of Kreider or Panarin move to right wing?
    Panarin isn't going anywhere, even for Lafreniere. So that means that Lafreniere or Kreider could be moved to the other wing. Who knows.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Current Top 6

Panarin - Zibanejad - Buchnevich

Kreider - R. Strome - Kakko

Panarin and Kreider are both inked long term.... would either of them be able to play right wing? [/SIZE][/SIZE]

I think Kreider could switch to RW.
    I think NYR will look to sign R.Strome long-term, he was very solid as a C2 (playing up at C1 with Ziba out)... and there isn't much out there at C to sign as a UFA for the Rags.
    Kakko will eventually be RW1, I think... but still Buch at RW1 next season... with Kakko maybe moving to RW3 for one season.
    Lafreniere, I think, will play LW2 with R.Strome-Kreider.
    That would be my guess if NYR wins the lottery.

(As an aside, I'm glad CAR is moving on... because the TOR-CAR first round pick conditions give me headaches to try to remember!!! LOL)

Dobber Sports Icon

I will assume Lafreniere is going to start on the 3rd line where ever he ends up. There's no point starting a 19 year old in the top 6. Let him feast on bottom six forwards for a bit until he gets his feet wet.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I will assume Lafreniere is going to start on the 3rd line where ever he ends up. There's no point starting a 19 year old in the top 6. Let him feast on bottom six forwards for a bit until he gets his feet wet.
    This is what I think too, no pressure on him on 3rd line - gives him time to develop and he is going to a team that is established and ready to make playoff runs in the near future.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    How does he fit into the top 6? Does he crack the top 6 this December? Does he instantly improve this roster enough to make the actual playoffs next year?
    How long until he cracks the top 6? Does it take a full season? Or is he in the top 6 and Buchnevich out by the half way point? I think he is good enough to replace Buchnevich in the top 6. Especially if Kreider can get comfortable playing on the Right side.

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

That's tough to say as only time will tell! Or in this case, time will likely never tell since there's only a 12.5% chance Lafreniere ends up playing for the Rangers next season.