Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lafreničre Lottery

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: The Lafreničre Lottery

That CHI-EDM series is painful cause I really don't want either team to have a chance at Laff.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Yeah, maybe teams would tank, but there must be a better way. With the salary cap, teams have a small window to reap the rewards of excellent drafting. I think less teams should have a shot at the first overall pick. Maybe only the bottom 5 teams are in the lottery and the winner gets the first overall pick? Simple I know, but when I watch the draft lottery, it's stupid that they have what, 14 cards/teams in it? Goofy.
    Yuupppppppppp. After McDavid went they should have just implemented some rules where you can't pick 1st X out of Y years. Or even you can't pick top 3 X out of Y years. Problem solved.

And yes I'm obviously bitter about Detroit but as Comish said there is a very small window to get these picks and if "luck" makes you pick 4, 6 and 3 instead of 1, 2 and 4, that's a franchise altering difference.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tcat View Post
    That CHI-EDM series is painful cause I really don't want either team to have a chance at Laff.
    This is how I feel about Pittsburgh and Montreal.

I don't want either of these teams to win the series, and I also don't want either of these teams to get Lafreniere.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    This is how I feel about Pittsburgh and Montreal.

I don't want either of these teams to win the series, and I also don't want either of these teams to get Lafreniere.
    I would be fine with Laf in MTL. I don't have anything against them, and they're starving for an elite talent. He also fits perfectly because he's still not a Centre.
    Come to think of it, maybe that means they take Byfield #1...
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would be fine with Laf in MTL. I don't have anything against them, and they're starving for an elite talent. He also fits perfectly because he's still not a Centre.
    Come to think of it, maybe that means they take Byfield #1...
    But he would most definitely be forced into the centre position only to have that ruin is progress and then the Habs trade him in 3-4 years.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Slightly off-topic, but also on-topic... Phillip Danault, MON's "C1", is one of the more under-appreciated players in the NHL.
    He's Bergeron-lite. His +17 and +18 on a "talent-starved" MON team over the past two seasons is REALLY, REALLY good.
    He's a player I've been tracking since his trade from CHI to MON (especially since Montreal didn't have a lot of french players in recent years).
    He's putting up 40-50pts yearly... at even-strength!

I mean, if I said "Tell me the NHL players who are +30 or better over last two NHL seasons and have 80 or more ESP"... it's not going to be a long-list.
    Maybe 15-20 players.

If Danault gets Lafreniere on his LW... he could become a 60pt player.
    And Danault has the two-way ability to anchor a rookie on wing.

[The NHL almost needs to create a presidential-type mandate that doesn't allow Laf to end up on CHI, PIT, EDM, or TOR. I'd cry. I want Laf on a hockey-crazed city that hasn't had a #1 in recent years... MIN-VAN or CGY-WPG... either of those "losers" would be good with me.]

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but also on-topic... Phillip Danault, MON's "C1", is one of the more under-appreciated players in the NHL.
    He's Bergeron-lite. His +17 and +18 on a "talent-starved" MON team over the past two seasons is REALLY, REALLY good.
    He's a player I've been tracking since his trade from CHI to MON (especially since Montreal didn't have a lot of french players in recent years).
    He's putting up 40-50pts yearly... at even-strength!

I mean, if I said "Tell me the NHL players who are +30 or better over last two NHL seasons and have 80 or more ESP"... it's not going to be a long-list.
    Maybe 15-20 players.

If Danault gets Lafreniere on his LW... he could become a 60pt player.
    And Danault has the two-way ability to anchor a rookie on wing.

[The NHL almost needs to create a presidential-type mandate that doesn't allow Laf to end up on CHI, PIT, EDM, or TOR. I'd cry. I want Laf on a hockey-crazed city that hasn't had a #1 in recent years... MIN-VAN or CGY-WPG... either of those "losers" would be good with me.]
    I can get on board with him in MTL. It would also add some edge to the MTL/TOR rivalry, plus OTT is on the up. Great storylines all around.

I know this is biased, but you said hockey crazed city without a recent first overall pick, and Nashville hits that bill too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I know this is biased, but you said hockey crazed city without a recent first overall pick, and Nashville hits that bill too.
    Oh yeah, I'd be cool with Laf in Nashville. It certainly wasn't a knock on the hockey-passion of the city.

Nashville HAS, though, had a long run of success... and a Final appearance.
    So they've had some *GOOD.THINGS come their way in the past 5-10 years.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Oh yeah, I'd be cool with Laf in Nashville. It certainly wasn't a knock on the hockey-passion of the city.

Nashville HAS, though, had a long run of success... and a Final appearance.
    So they've had some *GOOD.THINGS come their way in the past 5-10 years.
    Vancouver, Calgary, and Winnipeg have all had some good things in recent years as well (though no finals appearance). Minnesota probably deserves him the most of the possible teams, (or CLB), but Minny is probably going to beat Vancouver so they can lose in round one and stay in the mushy middle.

Dobber Sports Pro

The only solace we can take if Edmonton gets it again is that they'll find a way to screw it up. We're talking about a team that may not get past the 12th seed in spite of the breaks they've had over the years (5 top 3 picks).

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hall, RNH, Yakupov, McDavid, Puljujärvi and Draisaitl. If I had my way, Edmonton would be banned from drafting anywhere within the top 10 for at least 10 years!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DocMcPuffin View Post
    Hall, RNH, Yakupov, McDavid, Puljujärvi and Draisaitl. If I had my way, Edmonton would be banned from drafting anywhere within the top 10 for at least 10 years!
    Right - I forgot about Puljujärvi.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by DocMcPuffin View Post
    And yet no one talks about Buffalo. NJ is catching them soon too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    And yet no one talks about Buffalo. NJ is catching them soon too.
    I think when it comes to the luck/incompetence matrix, Edmonton is in a class by itself.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    And yet no one talks about Buffalo.
    I'll admit as a Flames fan, there's some bias in my statement, but how would you rate Buffalo's attempts at trying to better their team over Edmonton's? Buffalo at least attempted to try and improve their offense and D by signing getting guys like O'Reilly, Skinner and to a lesser extent, Jokiharu. Just to name a few. Obviously it hasn't worked out well for them, but I don't recall seeing Edmonton trying to do that. At least not much. But what do I know
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov