Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lafrenière Lottery

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: The Lafrenière Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Yes, but if they get him, they could trade a potential star winger for a future great defenseman.
    I see what you did there.

The Great One

Yes, but if they get him, they could trade a potential star winger for a future great defenseman.
    Like Adam Larson?
    Doh!!!
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Rangers are the only team from that group that actually deserves him. All the others should have been in playoffs and I would be extremely disappointed if any of them get him.
    Would just like to point out Pittsburgh hasn’t had a high pick in like 15 years. Not necessarily saying the “deserve” him, but it’s not like they’ve just continuously wasted high picks either.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Would just like to point out Pittsburgh hasn’t had a high pick in like 15 years. Not necessarily saying the “deserve” him, but it’s not like they’ve just continuously wasted high picks either.
    I agree. They have not had a high pick in a long time. But there last few high picks
    have carried them to lots of success over the last 15 years that they have too much talent to win the lottery and get more top end talent.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Haha Ya but they have 2 of the top 4 1st overall picks from the last 35 years. Not to mention one of the best #2 in Malkin. Sometimes you cant screw these things up because the players are going to be elite no matter what.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not that I don't think Lafreniere shouldn't go #1.. because I do, but it's rough that the top player in this year's draft is a winger when a team like Minnesota could use a star #1C.

Lafreniere is such a good dual threat, playmaking/scoring W.. and would fit anywhere without issue. Just the fact that a future,

Kaprizov-Byfield-Fiala line would be ridiculous.
    14T dynasty
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, SV%, SO, GAA, SVS

Dobber Sports Stud

Wow. Just wow. Had someone predicted Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Nashville, Winnipeg, and now Toronto to be in the 1st overall lottery, we would all have suggested multiple psychiatric diagnoses - like CRAZY! But that’s the play-in round. Who wants to suggest, BTW, that 4 of the 8 round robin teams will be gone 10 days from now??
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Wow. Just wow. Had someone predicted Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Nashville, Winnipeg, and now Toronto to be in the 1st overall lottery, we would all have suggested multiple psychiatric diagnoses - like CRAZY! But that’s the play-in round. Who wants to suggest, BTW, that 4 of the 8 round robin teams will be gone 10 days from now??
    I could see that for sure. There was some teams in the round robin that did not look good.

I cannot believe that there is a 37.5% chance that Lafreniere is going to Edmonton, Pittsburgh or Toronto.

Lafreniere has to be thinking that he is quite lucky. A lot better options that New Jersey Devils last year.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

At least Lafreniere has to be happy that some reasonably decent teams have a shot at drafting him.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    At least Lafreniere has to be happy that some reasonably decent teams have a shot at drafting him.
    Except Minnesota...
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Now that the scenario has gotten really crazy, I'm really hoping for Minnesota or Florida, a bad team that isn't in a big market. Winnipeg & Nashville aren't truly bad, but they'd be fine with me as well.

If a team in real cap trouble gets the #1 pick, might they consider trading down? I think so.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Now that the scenario has gotten really crazy, I'm really hoping for Minnesota or Florida, a bad team that isn't in a big market. Winnipeg & Nashville aren't truly bad, but they'd be fine with me as well.

If a team in real cap trouble gets the #1 pick, might they consider trading down? I think so.
    Why? Nothing more valuable than an elite first line player on an ELC.

Dobber Sports Monster

I don't mind if a team like Edmonton or Pittsburgh gets Lafreniere. They were forced to play an extra round to qualify for a playoffs they were guaranteed to make before the new format came into place.

And yes, I hate the fact that Edmonton sucked and got rewarded in so many lotteries. Every year is different. This one in particular gave Edmonton a rough ride.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Veteran

FLA or MIN I'll be happy for.
    NSH, WPG, NYR I'm fine with.
    PIT would be disappointing.
    EDM or TOR would be downright disgusting.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    FLA or MIN I'll be happy for.
    NSH, WPG, NYR I'm fine with.
    PIT would be disappointing.
    EDM or TOR would be downright disgusting.
    Ditto
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO