Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: The Lafrenière Lottery

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: The Lafrenière Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I agree, but not sure how they get a quality 2C with the remaining wingers.
    Add DeAngelo to the deal for a 2C and a lot of things fall into place.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Probably crazy, but what about trading Panarin? He's 28, so not really old, but does anyone think that could be a realistic possibility? I honestly don't know what team would be willing to part with a top 2 C for a top winger, though. Only asking because I really have no idea if that is a legit possibility that Panarin gets dealt. Or if it even makes sense.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by DocMcPuffin View Post
    Probably crazy, but what about trading Panarin? He's 28, so not really old, but does anyone think that could be a realistic possibility? I honestly don't know what team would be willing to part with a top 2 C for a top winger, though. Only asking because I really have no idea if that is a legit possibility that Panarin gets dealt. Or if it even makes sense.
    A high end center is so much more valuable compared to a high end winger in the NHL.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I think trading Panarin who is a star and signed with your city in free agency is a bad way to try and start a dynasty. Just leaves a bad taste.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Do the trades for the Sedins count?
    Sorry - that’s in the Cap era.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Sorry - that’s in the Cap era.
    Figured that was the case.

I don't see it changing anytime soon unless Ottawa having two high picks prompts some discussion.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Add DeAngelo to the deal for a 2C and a lot of things fall into place.
    Maybe in a larger package. He's pretty one dimensional for a team to move a quality center for.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Maybe in a larger package. He's pretty one dimensional for a team to move a quality center for.
    I was thinking in a package with one of the other wingers you were previously mentioning. Who knows what's actually on the market though.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DocMcPuffin View Post
    His full No-Move Clause pretty much makes that a non-starter.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    His full No-Move Clause pretty much makes that a non-starter.
    Not to mention as a UFA, he chose to sign with the NY Rangers so safe to say he wouldn't be willing to entertain discussing it either.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I was thinking in a package with one of the other wingers you were previously mentioning. Who knows what's actually on the market though.
    I personally don’t think DeAngelo has that much value. 24 year old with documented attitude issues, who needs a new contract coming off a career season, which coincidentally is his only good season so far.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I personally don’t think DeAngelo has that much value. 24 year old with documented attitude issues, who needs a new contract coming off a career season, which coincidentally is his only good season so far.
    Fair point, but defencemen always seem to be in demand, so you never know.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Yea. I guess I’m trying to think what team needs/would want like a DeAngelo/Kreider for a 2C. Like maybe Strome, but Chicago doesn’t really need that package. Would Chicago trade like Kupari/Vilardi? That feels like the end of the list for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I just can’t think of many teams that have a surplus of centers and need a LW and 1 dimensional D.

Dobber Sports Stud

My view is that of the top 6 the weakest link is Buchnevich. Yes it complicates matters because he can play the right side but I think moving on from Pavel is going to be NY's best move forward.

We also need to remember that Zibanejad is a right handed center so that complicates things as well.

I believe NY is going to lock Tony DeAngelo up for a multi year deal and pay him like he should be paid.

Reading the tea leaves it appears Henrik is gone too. If he retires and takes his cap hit with him it should open things up for NY to make another move.

I am of the opinion that Strome is not a long term solution for NY. So he takes less for shorter term if he stays, and why would he do that ? Love of the city ? Makes sense I suppose. He has had his experience with life down the depth chart so maybe he does sign that kind of deal.

Long term KK24 is the top line RW, so they only need a short term placeholder which would be Buchnevich going into his 21-22 RFA contract situation. I think he gets dealt at the deadline.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    My view is that of the top 6 the weakest link is Buchnevich. Yes it complicates matters because he can play the right side but I think moving on from Pavel is going to be NY's best move forward.

We also need to remember that Zibanejad is a right handed center so that complicates things as well.

I believe NY is going to lock Tony DeAngelo up for a multi year deal and pay him like he should be paid.

Reading the tea leaves it appears Henrik is gone too. If he retires and takes his cap hit with him it should open things up for NY to make another move.

I am of the opinion that Strome is not a long term solution for NY. So he takes less for shorter term if he stays, and why would he do that ? Love of the city ? Makes sense I suppose. He has had his experience with life down the depth chart so maybe he does sign that kind of deal.

Long term KK24 is the top line RW, so they only need a short term placeholder which would be Buchnevich going into his 21-22 RFA contract situation. I think he gets dealt at the deadline.
    Strome is also a right handed center.