Thread: What to do with this trade offer?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default What to do with this trade offer?

I have to go to the Dobbernation for this one...as i could really use some input on this trade. team and league info in sig:

My: Mark Scheifele, Ryan Strome, Dmitry Orlov, David Farrance
    For: Jonathan Toews, Alex DeBrincat, Erik Gustafsson, Calen Addison, and four 3rd round picks: 3-4 (36th overall), 3-7 (39th overall), 3-12 (44th overall) ,3-16 (48th overall and last pick of the draft)

IMO Sheifele is the best player in the deal, and this past NHL season stats totally favor my side over other team's players, but there are some good players being offered on the other team, the stand out young player would be Cat. Btw, don't really care about the 3rd round picks as i consider that just fluff and i already have a pretty good prospect pool.

So i am pondering this and would really appreciate any feedback on it, i.e., if you think this would be a good move for my team. Btw, i believe my team is a contender to win in this league for the next year, but would like to keep it strong beyond this year if it makes sense, hence this offer...

Scoring Skaters: G, A, Pts, SOG, FOW, Hts, Blks, TOI/G
    Scoring Goalies: W, Svs, Sv%, GAA

16 Team Dynasty
    H2H multi cat ( each category is a win/loss/tie)
    Dynasty - Daily Lineups - Rosters: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, and 1 G - 7 reserves - 20 propects
    Scoring Skaters: G, A, Pts, SOG, FOW, Hts, Blks, TOI/G
    Scoring Goalies: W, Svs, Sv%, GAA

Starting C's: Mark Scheifele, Anze Kopitar, Eric Staal, Pavel Zacha
    Starting LW's: Patrik Laine, Kevin Fiala, Andre Svechnikov, Andrew Mangiapane
    Starting RW's: Ryan Strome, Luke Kunin, Tyler Johnson, Christian Fischer
    Starting D: Brent Burns, Roman Josi, Oscar Klefbom, Dmitry Orlov, Morgan Rielly, Jacob Trouba
    Starting G: Jordan Binnington
    Reserves/Bench: Adam Gaudette,Travis Zajac,Ryan Donato,Rasmus Andersson, Calvin de Haan,Mike Matheson
    Prospects Skaters: Mikhail Abramov, Logan Brown, Peyton Krebs, Philip Tomasino, Adam Beckman, Nolan Foote, Sam Poulin, Nicholas Robertson, Dylan Sikura, Vitaly Abramov, Simon Holmstrom, Evan Bouchard, David Farrance, Thomas Harley, Jack Rathbone
    Prospects Goalies: Ville Husso, Kaapo Kahkonen, Spencer Knight, Tyler Parsons, Jeremy Swayman

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: What to do with this trade offer?

The offer is pretty fair. It will greatly depend on what you think of Erik Gustafsson and Calen Addison and on what you could move the 4 3rd round picks for.

Scheifele > Toews
    Strome < Debrincat
    Orlov ? Gustafsson
    Farrance < Addison
    nothing < 4 3rd round picks

If you like Gustafsson more than Orlov than I would probably take the deal. Toews is pretty valuable in a league that counts FOWs.

I would take the deal even though I don't think much of Gustafsson.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think it's close to fair but not one I would do. It's a lot of bit pieces coming back for Scheifele, and if I'm moving him I want DeBrincat and another excellent piece (better than Toews).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd pass on this one

Dobber Sports Initiate

When it's close like that I usually pass
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Deity

I prefer your side. There's a few unknowns as far as contracts go next season and where some of these guys might be playing. I dont mind the idea of buying low on guys like Debrincat and Gustafsson, who both are coming off a bit of a disappointing season, but not at the cost of a Scheifele. Ryan Strome is a nice sell high guy so most of the pieces seem to work for the right price but losing Scheifele for that just doesn't crank my tractor.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

I would keep Scheifele.

As EB suggested, Schedule for Debrincat + another good piece would start a conversation. Not sure how far it would go, though.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

With such a limited prospect roster, getting 4 non-premium picks in the same year doesn't help you much. You have nobody really obviously ready to promote, so they are more or less fluff, as you state.

I'd counter this to try and firm up some more real value to you in the players, and if it doesn't work, that's ok.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

I would keep Scheifele. And I would not trade him for Debrincat +; none of the pieces on the other sides justifies moving Scheifele.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I went with the majority consensus here and decided to hang onto Scheifele, so i passed on the offer. there was great feedback by all. thanks, i greatly appreciate it, and gave rep to all.

Dobber Sports Wizard

as most said it appears relatively fair but you are giving up best player here so pass...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones