Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In Your Opinion: Who Are My FWD Keepers - Rebuild

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default In Your Opinion: Who Are My FWD Keepers - Rebuild

Team details listed in signature.

Struggling to sort out my final keeper picks. I finished last in my league because I chose prospects anticipating stronger years and hopeful I could trade some for more mature proven talent. My team is young and I am in a rebuild! No one older that 25. I'm firm on keeping Shersterkin and Samsonov. I'll likely drop McAvoy and favor Dumba for a rebound. My likely FWD Keepers are (but open to other suggestions):

• Rantanen
    • Point
    • Aho
    • Teravainen
    • M. Tkachuk
    • Lindholm
    • Boeser
    • DeBrincat

Who would you keep as the final two keepers?

I draft 1st, 7th, 17th, 25th, 30th, 33rd, 49th, 57th, 65th.

Final note: if I keep Dach, I surrender my 25th and get a 34th pick in return.
    9 Team Points Only Dynasty - 27 Player Roster (17 Keepers) - 12 F, 6 D, 2 UTL, 2 G, 5 Bench - 2.5G, 2A, 1PP, 2SHG, 1SHA, 3W, 2SO, 1OTL, 0.05SV

F: J Robertson, Huberdeau, Rantanen, Aho, Kaprizov, Scheifele, Connor, DeBrincat, Cozens, Ehlers, Toffoli, Kopitar, Trocheck, Schmaltz, W Johnston, Teravainen, J Quinn
    D: Dahlin, Werenski, M Rielly, S Jones, McCavoy, Gustafsson
    G: Shesterkin, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: In Your Opinion: Who Are My FWD Keepers - Rebuild

How are you only keeping two of Rantanen, Aho, and Point? Who are you keeping instead? Your sig says you have 18 slots. Can we see the whole list?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    How are you only keeping two of Rantanen, Aho, and Point? Who are you keeping instead? Your sig says you have 18 slots. Can we see the whole list?
    The whole team is in my signature but thank you for calling the question. To clarify, I listed my keepers (or likely keepers). I need to add two more keepers out of the following: D. Strome, Hischier, Kakko, Hayton, Dvorak, Dach, B. Tkachuk
    9 Team Points Only Dynasty - 27 Player Roster (17 Keepers) - 12 F, 6 D, 2 UTL, 2 G, 5 Bench - 2.5G, 2A, 1PP, 2SHG, 1SHA, 3W, 2SO, 1OTL, 0.05SV

F: J Robertson, Huberdeau, Rantanen, Aho, Kaprizov, Scheifele, Connor, DeBrincat, Cozens, Ehlers, Toffoli, Kopitar, Trocheck, Schmaltz, W Johnston, Teravainen, J Quinn

Dobber Sports Titan

I misunderstood your first post. Thought you were saying you were deciding between two of the listed guys to keep in addition to the rest of the roster. My 18 would be:

Rantanen
    Point
    Aho
    MTkachuk
    Lindholm
    Teravainen
    Kakko
    Hischier
    Dach
    DeBrincat
    Boeser

Dahlin
    Werenski
    Jones
    Provorov
    Boqvist

Samsonov
    Shesty
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Stud

Kakko, Dach, Tkachuk have to be the 3 you narrow it down to. From there it's a toss-up to pick 2

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    Kakko, Dach, Tkachuk have to be the 3 you narrow it down to. From there it's a toss-up to pick 2
    I empathize with the toss-up comment... hence the posing of a question here. This is proving to be a tough call. Would have been great to get BTkachuk in the play-in rounds to see how he played. I'd add Hischier to make this a list of four, making the choice even harder.

I appreciate that @EskimoBrother dropped Dumba to add in Hischier but feel like I am missing out on something leaving Tkachuk off the list.

It's conceivable that I use the 1st overall pick for Lafreniere and see if one of these fellas is available at 7th overall (unless someone else really jumps out as a better option). The other challenge is determining when the core is strong enough to build around with consistent talent rather than continue to pick prospects or younger talent.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by JSquared View Post
    I empathize with the toss-up comment... hence the posing of a question here. This is proving to be a tough call. Would have been great to get BTkachuk in the play-in rounds to see how he played. I'd add Hischier to make this a list of four, making the choice even harder.

I appreciate that @EskimoBrother dropped Dumba to add in Hischier but feel like I am missing out on something leaving Tkachuk off the list.

It's conceivable that I use the 1st overall pick for Lafreniere and see if one of these fellas is available at 7th overall (unless someone else really jumps out as a better option). The other challenge is determining when the core is strong enough to build around with consistent talent rather than continue to pick prospects or younger talent.
    I like B Tkachuk too, but he doesn't have as much value without any of the peripherals counted.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like B Tkachuk too, but he doesn't have as much value without any of the peripherals counted.
    I've feel similar. An easier choice if the leave scored peripherals. I did take a peek at the top 96 F in all the scoring categories we do use. He sits at the bottom of the 96 and fits into a UTIL or Bench player (not a keeper). He does have a great deal of opportunity being 1st line and PP1. But for a soft team with respect to overall proven talent. I'm not sure who would see his value on OTT and that he'd still be available to me in the 3rd or 4th round (I don't have a second round pick). Not certain I'd use the 7th overall pick on him but I don't know who else will be dropped yet.

Dobber Sports Icon

Tkachuk and Dvorak

I also would be keeping McAvoy ahead of Dumba.

Dobber Sports Deity

I misunderstood your first post. Thought you were saying you were deciding between two of the listed guys to keep in addition to the rest of the roster. My 18 would be:

Rantanen
    Point
    Aho
    MTkachuk
    Lindholm
    Teravainen
    Kakko
    Hischier
    Dach
    DeBrincat
    Boeser

Dahlin
    Werenski
    Jones
    Provorov
    Boqvist

Samsonov
    Shesty
    Nailed it for me! Solid list!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Tkachuk and Dvorak

I get why some people like McAvoy, though personally I'm not there, but I'm curious as to why you have Dvorak over some of those other names.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Tkachuk and Dvorak

I watched a lot of ARI this year to get a sense of players like Keller, Garland, Dvorak, Chychrun, and Fischer. The end result, not totally enamored. It's an easy decision to not include Dvorak after watching him a bunch. There's something amiss in ARI as even the talents of Hall and Kessel were not able to lift this forward group.

McAvoy is interesting. Admittedly, he's a tough young player to let go - as is Dumba. He has been stuffed behind Krug and doesn't get a look at PP1 all that often. If Krug is moved or walks, I'd be keen to find a way to keep him but let's deal with that should it arrive.

Dobber Sports Icon

I get why some people like McAvoy, though personally I'm not there, but I'm curious as to why you have Dvorak over some of those other names.
    I have always liked Dvorak and think he's still going to break out in a big way. He's dealt with some serious injuries in the past but appears to have worked through them.

If Krug walks, which I don't actually think will happen, McAvoy would take over PP1 duties. McAvoy is already the best dman on that team and is still going to improve. Hedman broke out offensively in his 5th season and I think McAvoy is a very similar player. Dumba is not going to be on PP1 in Minnesota so you are hoping for him to get traded if you want to him to get PP1 time. I would rather take my chances on someone who is entering their 4th season instead of someone who will be in their 8th NHL season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Not disagreeing with your thoughts on potential breakout. I believe if I drop him, I will have a solid chance to pick him up again in the middle rounds of our re-draft.

McAvoy has similar appeal but I think more broadly. If I keep him as a 6th Dman, who would you drop in his place? Hischier, Dach? Would you choose McAvoy over Provorov?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by JSquared View Post
    Not disagreeing with your thoughts on potential breakout. I believe if I drop him, I will have a solid chance to pick him up again in the middle rounds of our re-draft.
    I agree with both Chuck's and your comments. Dvorak does appear to have more to give than what we have seen to date, but the players to drop instead would easily get taken higher in the re-draft, so you can keep the better value and re-draft Dvorak later than the other guys you would possibly toss back instead.

No I wouldn't take McAvoy over Provorov. Probably either Dach or Hischier, but that's a tough one.
    I still lean Dumba over McAvoy though.