Thread: "Play-ins" statistics

Dobber Sports Deity

Default "Play-ins" statistics

Can someone please offer some clarity on the stats for these play-ins and round robin games that are going on right now.

I've heard many announcers say things like "scores his first playoff goal" or "just recorded his first NHL playoff victory" or even "playing in his first NHL playoff game" but I thought the playoffs didn't start until the rounds of these first best of five series ended. The round robin games are simply for seedings for the top teams. I thought the games we are watching right were to "play in" to the actual playoffs.

So are these stats that are getting recorded going down as regular season stats or playoff stats or what???
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: "Play-ins" statistics

I think they are getting register in the play-off stats. I looked up Dach this morning on hockey data base and he has 3 points in 2 games in the playoff section.

I mean they are indeed elimination rounds, which is the whole definition of the play-off.

P.S I am now a really proud owner of Kirby Dach
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, they decided they didn't want stats going into a black hole so these are all now playoff stats from the "play-in round"
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

But the Vancouver Canucks need to beat Minnesota in order to make the playoffs as per the conditions of their trade for JT Miller. If the Canucks advance past the Wild, TB gets Vancouver's 1st this year, if the Canucks don't advance, TB gets the Canucks 2021 1st.

NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE!

Dobber Sports Titan

The trade conditions make sense because they were based on a 16 team playoff setup. So the condition stays as a 16 team playoff condition.
    The stats can be whatever the NHL wants.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    But the Vancouver Canucks need to beat Minnesota in order to make the playoffs as per the conditions of their trade for JT Miller. If the Canucks advance past the Wild, TB gets Vancouver's 1st this year, if the Canucks don't advance, TB gets the Canucks 2021 1st.

NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE!
    Well, technically, Edmonton still had to give up the 3rd round pick to Calgary even though James Neal didn't get to 20 goals. The league will rule on this as well if need be.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I know. That's what I said. The Oilers had to give up the 3rd even though the conditions technically weren't met.

Im saying the league will decide on the JT Miller situation as well if need be.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I know. That's what I said. The Oilers had to give up the 3rd even though the conditions technically weren't met.

Im saying the league will decide on the JT Miller situation as well if need be.
    Yep - went back and read your post again - my mistake.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Yep - went back and read your post again - my mistake.
    It's all good!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It's all good!
    Word.

That article I linked did talk about the NHL ruling on the conditions of the Vaatanen trade as well. Like you said Axe - it looks like they’ll weigh in where they need to.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Word.

That article I linked did talk about the NHL ruling on the conditions of the Vaatanen trade as well. Like you said Axe - it looks like they’ll weigh in where they need to.
    Great strategy by the NHL, waiting until the games are finalized before making a ruling.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Great strategy by the NHL, waiting until the games are finalized before making a ruling.
    Even better how the NHL can just arbitrarily do whatever they want! For example, James Neal apparently has now scored 21 goals in the 2019/20 NHL season. Also, the Oilers had to give up draft picks for signing the fired Chiarelli and the fired Mclellan...and then the NHL got rid of the rule. Also New Jersey had to forfeit a 1st round pick for the illegal Kovalchuk contract and then somehow that disappeard and the Devils didn't forfeit the pick.

And don't even get me started on the Department of Player Safety!