Thread: klingberg vs Ellis next year

Dobber Sports Stud

Default klingberg vs Ellis next year

For my last keeper (keep any 7, 13 gms. Goals 3, assists 2, +/- is 1 or -1). No cap.

Who do you like here?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: klingberg vs Ellis next year

Gimme Ellis.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ellis hands down, the man is super consistent despite the presence of Roman.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think both are somewhat of a seconday option for their respective teams, but I would go with Ellis here by a hair.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Ellis is my choice if he's healthy for the full season. So pace wise I like Ellis, but total season stats not accounting for games played I would go Klingberg.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Klingberg might get you in the minus...ok maybe not, but I would go with Ellis
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Superstar

This is an odd situation, if you compare these guys points over the last three years, it's Klingberg by a significant number, 144 - 111. This includes last years numbers where things turned around and Ellis put up 38 to Klingbergs' 32 and he did it in less games. Klingberg had some awesome years in Dallas but wow, things have turned around big time since Hieskanen came on the scene. Looking at the box score from the Dallas game yesterday, Heiskanen was in on all 3 Dallas Goals, Klingberg, nowhere to be seen. I think this a trend that continues. Meanwhile, as Luigi notes, Ellis keeps rolling along despite playing second fiddle to Josi. He's consistent and he has actually significantly improved his numbers over the last two years. I think that too, is a trend that continues. One guy is going in one direction and it sure seems like the other is going in the opposite direction. Ellis for me but he needs to stay healthy.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    This is an odd situation, if you compare these guys points over the last three years, it's Klingberg by a significant number, 144 - 111. This includes last years numbers where things turned around and Ellis put up 38 to Klingbergs' 32 and he did it in less games. Klingberg had some awesome years in Dallas but wow, things have turned around big time since Hieskanen came on the scene. Looking at the box score from the Dallas game yesterday, Heiskanen was in on all 3 Dallas Goals, Klingberg, nowhere to be seen. I think this a trend that continues. Meanwhile, as Luigi notes, Ellis keeps rolling along despite playing second fiddle to Josi. He's consistent and he has actually significantly improved his numbers over the last two years. I think that too, is a trend that continues. One guy is going in one direction and it sure seems like the other is going in the opposite direction. Ellis for me but he needs to stay healthy.
    Yes! What he said
    9 Team Points Only Dynasty - 27 Player Roster (17 Keepers) - 12 F, 6 D, 2 UTL, 2 G, 5 Bench - 2.5G, 2A, 1PP, 2SHG, 1SHA, 3W, 2SO, 1OTL, 0.05SV

F: J Robertson, Huberdeau, Rantanen, Aho, Kaprizov, Scheifele, Connor, DeBrincat, Cozens, Ehlers, Toffoli, Kopitar, Trocheck, Schmaltz, W Johnston, Teravainen, J Quinn
    D: Dahlin, Werenski, M Rielly, S Jones, McCavoy, Gustafsson
    G: Shesterkin, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks everyone; Cheers!

Dobber Sports Icon

My vote is for Ellis but it's pretty close and you won't go wrong with either of them.