Thread: Andersen vs Cozens+

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Andersen vs Cozens+

Hey All,

Looking for some quick feedback here. I was interested in Andersen and suggested a Korpisalo with a little more deal.

He asked if Cozens could be added and I said that I would not be able to do Korpi + Cozens so his focus has shifted to Cozens ++.

I don’t want to roster 4 goalies so I’d likely want to move Korpi to land Andersen but I think adding Cozens is overkill...

Would you:
    - offer Cozens + pieces and try to move Korpi to someone else (Elvis’ owner is not interested)
    - offer Cozens and Korpi
    - stand pat (I like Korpi a lot and although he is not considered the starter on paper, I think he’s going to get the reins somewhere soon if not in Columbus... just can’t wait 2 years)

Thanks in a advance for any feedback you may have!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Andersen vs Cozens+

I would not be considering that deal; Andersen will be a free agent soon and then who knows where he goes.

Cozens is a highly touted prospect who should get all the opportunities in the world to succeed.

Just my 2 cents though, as a quick look at your roster tells me you aren't a favorite to win (I would think) anyways. Cozens looks to be your top prospect as well (Necas isn't really a prospect anymore).

Dobber Sports Icon

It looks to me that you have Price and Hellebuyck already. I would definitely not be moving Cozens to acquire another goalie in that situation.

The Great One

I'd consider it if it's a start 2G; wouldn't even think of it if it's start 1G.

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree with just keeping what you have. You can move Korpi if you find the right deal, but you're not exactly aiming to fill a hole, so don't overpay in a deal that doesn't fix something.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

Ok thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback. I’ll hold on to Cozens and roll the dice on Korpisalo.

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont have an issue moving Korpisalo, but I dont think you need another G coming back with what you already have. Upgrade your weaknesses, which to me is your wings. You have some nice pieces coming up, so you should be holding them, not trading them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you can get value for Korpisalo I would do it. He had some good spurts this year but the track record is not good and obviously he has competition in Elvis. I personally wouldn't bat an eye at Korpi and Cozens for Freddy as he is a volume starter on a potent young team. They finally have a decent backup in Toronto and that could really help him with the late-season slides that have messed with his numbers the past couple years.

If you can get a high-end forward for Cozens and Korpi I would definitely consider that. What is Cozens' upside with Eichel in Buffalo? I like the prospect but I would rather add a proven centre or winger to your roster