Thread: Kerfoot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Kerfoot

Any thoughts on Kerfoot? Somehow strikes me at Bozak 2.0 riding shotgun to some TOR stud. Can get him cheap and ride 50 point seasons.
    I could move Kerfoot for Vanecek ... who, though improves season over season, is in the back seat to Samsonov ... though teams are moving to a tandem system.

I have a lot of forwards similar to Kerfoot and need to move some: NICK PAUL, ALEXANDER KERFOOT, RYAN HARTMAN, LUCAS WALLMARK, SAMMY BLAIS, PIERRE ENGVALL, JOACHIM BLICHFIELD, REM PITLICK, ALEXANDER TRUE, KEVIN STENLUND, GARRETT PILON, JAYCE HAWRYLUK

And I am a little short in G with Sorokin, Saros. With 2 full starting goalies, having 2 starters is key to winning.

Thanks for your thoughts
    31 team permanent keeper. 12F, 6D, +1 Skater, 2G, 5 Reserve, 8 Prospects (744 skaters, 62 goalies, 248 prospects)
    Goalie - 20 W, 2.5 save, -15 GA, 15 SO
    Skater - 25 point, 2 PIM, 1 Hit, 2 Block, +/- 10, TOI 0.2/min, Special team points +5, Fight 5
    Strict NHL salary cap & floor

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Kerfoot

Neither of the players in the deal really strike me as being very effective. Kerfoot is a better real life player than fantasy with his role on the leafs. He won't get close to the top PP ever and I doubt Vancecek becomes more than a backup (if he makes it at all). No big loss if you dealt Kerfoot IMO, and I'm guessing there's not much of a market for him? I don't know much about Vancecek admittedly, but Samsanov is the real deal so can't see him being much of a factor at all...

With 372 starting forwards (Kerfoot was #213) and 60 starting goalies ... both certainly have value.
    31 team permanent keeper. 12F, 6D, +1 Skater, 2G, 5 Reserve, 8 Prospects (744 skaters, 62 goalies, 248 prospects)
    Skater - 25 point, 2 PIM, 1 Hit, 2 Block, +/- 10, TOI 0.2/min, Special team points +5, Fight 5

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLight View Post
    With 372 starting forwards (Kerfoot was #213) and 60 starting goalies ... both certainly have value.
    I guess I meant they don't move the needle as in i don't think you will regret making or not making this. I don't know your league enough, but it seems like bit for bit. Kerfoot IS playing, the other is a maybe so I'd keep kerfoot

Dobber Sports Titan

I like bKerfoot more. You should be able to trade a lesser F for Vanecek if you really want him (I'm not sold there either).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

I think you should be able to get more back for Kerfoot than Vanecek. With that said, I think now is a wonderful time to acquire Vanecek as his value should increase over the next few months. He is a Holtby injury or terrible play away from being the starting goalie for a cup contender. He could take the starting job in Washington very quickly and keep it over Samsonov for the future.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Given your situation, I'd be willing to do something like that if you could get something else coming back with Vanecek. You need goalies, and since you likely can't get anyone with a NHL job easily, it's reasonable.

That said, some of the guys you list as similar aren't in the NHL, and may never be consistently, so they aren't exactly similar, at this point.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Thanks very much everyone. As usual, you guys nailed it. It's maybe a logical move, but Kerfoot is (slightly) too much.
    There are always more considerations - I try to keep the questions simple. I'm going to have to expose 10 players in the draft. Goalies are absolute gold with 62 fully active goalie slots. A bit of a crazy rule that is slowly being rolled back. Also, as we all know, the NHL seems to be moving to a 50/32 split on goalies, so regardless of how super Samsonov is, Vanecek will get a sizable number of starts (?) for a pretty good team.

Dobber Sports Titan

Problem on my end is we don't know 100% that Holtby is gone. We thought Rinne wasn't going to resign in Nashville and he got two years at 5M instead of Saros taking the reins. Could Holtby get one year at 5M or two years at 4M? The Capitals could make the money work if they wanted to. Then there's also Copley who has some NHL experience and could come into training camp in the fall and win the backup job. Nothing is being given to Vanecek, and contending teams rarely give over the two goalie slots to players with a combined 20 games of NHL experience. If it's not one of the options above, maybe they bring in Brian Elliott, Anton Khudobin, or someone similar. So I'm thinking odds are that Vanecek is actually not getting a lot of starts next year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)