Thread: Yamomoto or Olofsson

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Yamomoto or Olofsson

G A Pts PPP Shts Hts Blks +/-

Who you keeping with the above cats in a keeper league? but putting most weight on greatest impact on the upcoming season rather than longer-term potential.
    But also on that note, which do you think is the more talented player with higher potential long-term?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Yamomoto or Olofsson

Next season Olofsson. After that and beyond Yamamoto.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Yamamoto

Dobber Sports Titan

I think I would keep Olofsson, though the injuries would have me a little worried.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

It's difficult to project as both these guys have a limited sample size. As is often the case, this likely boils down to deployment and for me the difference maker is likely PP1 time. Olofsson seems to be in a plum position here, while Yamamoto is not. I'm not sure whether this changes. The Oilers tend to run with their big guns (McD, Draistl, RNH) and a net presence type guy like Neal and Chiasson. I don't see Yamamoto displacing one of the big guns any time soon, and at 5' 8" he hardly fits the bill of a big body in front of the net. Oloffson skates with Reinhardt and Eichel on PP1 and that is pretty sweet, and that too, I don't see changing. Across all your scoring stats the only apparent advantage that Yamamoto displays is in Hits and he's far from a Wrecking Ball in that respect, Blks is pretty much a wash. The offensive scoring stats all currently point to Victor, I have to go with Olofsson here and hope he stays healthy. As a last point, I will say I believe Yamamoto does have the higher upside but deployment is key. Accordingly, I'll roll with Victor for the next year maybe two, after that the situation may have changed, we'll see.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf