Thread: Dmen Prospect Rankings

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Dmen Prospect Rankings

How would you rank the following dmen in a very deep dynasty league that counts G, A, +/-, hits, takeaways, blocked shots, PP TOI, PK TOI?

Joey Keane
    Brison Pashichnuk
    Brogan Rafferty
    Jack Rathbone

What round would you pick each of them if they were available in the 2020 NHL entry draft?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Dmen Prospect Rankings

I had to google three of the four names to find out who these guys even were LOL.

The only name I knew was Rathbone so he's first on my list.

After that, the other three are me ranking them simply on what I just read.

Brison Pashichnuk
    Joey Keene
    Brogan Rafferty

I like deep rosters but sometimes you're rostering guys just to fill spots. I'd say just of these guys are serious long shots to become fantasy relevant.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Jack Rathbone

Joey Keane

Brison Pashichnuk
    Brogan Rafferty
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Funny, the only name I recognized was Brogan Rafferty. Don't know why. So, he's first (:

I better check out this Rathbone dude though (:

Hope this helps (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Titan

I knew of Rafferty and Rathbone because I get them mixed up haha.

Rathbone
    Rafferty
    Keane
    The other dude
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

Thank you for all of your replies.

I understand Rathbone getting the love here because of the hype in Canadian especially Vancouver media but I think many of you our under-rating Pasichnuk. He had better numbers than Rathbone in his 4 NCAA years playing on a much worse team. He is only 1.5 years older than Rathbone and is joining a much worse NHL team.

Those of you in deep leagues that count hits and PIMs should look into him a bit more. He had 161 PIMs in his last year of junior so you know that he is not afraid of the rough stuff.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Thank you for all of your replies.

I understand Rathbone getting the love here because of the hype in Canadian especially Vancouver media but I think many of you our under-rating Pasichnuk. He had better numbers than Rathbone in his 4 NCAA years playing on a much worse team. He is only 1.5 years older than Rathbone and is joining a much worse NHL team.

Those of you in deep leagues that count hits and PIMs should look into him a bit more. He had 161 PIMs in his last year of junior so you know that he is not afraid of the rough stuff.
    I think the players like that are having a tougher time transitioning into the NHL, and at best they end up as a third pairing guy. Those you can find around the FA pile, so I usually rank prospects a little more based on upside and NHL readiness. Pasichnuk may have the easier path, but if he's not ready to step in and succeed he'll get supplanted pretty quickly.

You're right he could have some upside, but I don't know if the fit is there in SJ as they more need defensive guys and I don't know if that's the best style to throw him in for.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I looked them all up before I wrote anything, and I think all are long shots but stranger things have happened.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Stranger things indeed. I am doing research for the upcoming draft in my 31 team dynasty league. We have 5 rounds of draft picks where anyone with a valid NHL contract not already in our league plus all of the players taken in the most recent NHL entry draft are available. I prefer to draft slightly older and closer to the NHL guys since I seldom keep my first round pick. I figure there's no point using a pick in rounds 2-5 on a guy that might be an NHL prospect in a few years when I get draft a guy that is already much closer to being in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Rafferty is boom or bust. He's already 25 he's either gonna get a spot next year and run with it and be like a 20-30 point pp2 guy or he's gonna get sent down after making mistakes. He's also on the Canucks playin roster so means they believe in him.

Rathbone is the highest upside IMO. He's a great skater, a Hughes super lite, but he probably won't bring much peripherals. Will need at least a year in AHL

Keane is a solid prospect, 5th in D ppg in the AHL this year out of guys 21 and under. I think he's underrated but he's also in the Canes system and will take a few years before he get a shot.

Pasichnuk is a wild card, Arizona has no division so they played all kinds of teams, bad and good. but he's almost 23 .

My order is:

Rathbone
    Rafferty
    Keane

Pasichnuk

I like Keane better than Rafferty but he's closer to NHL than everyone. Also VAN's D depth is not good and only going to get worse when Tanev/Edler/Stecher potentially leave in the next few years. So the Canucks guys get the best opportunity.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Pro

A nice highlight reel goal - short handed by Rafferty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8noZ4H0LdBw
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot