Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My offer just got accepted. Controversial.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default My offer just got accepted. Controversial.

League in my signature.

I know these kind of moves are sometimes frowned upon, but I did it anyway.

To one of the weakest teams, I offered to reshape his entire keeper list. He accepted.

I offered Horvat, Forsberg, Teravainen, Ristolainen, Nurse and Gibson for his 1st in 2022 and 2nd in 2023.

Again, I know it is not much in return for me...and years away too. I have the first 4 picks in this years draft...after having the first 6 picks in last years. To me, this is how I keep winning. Sure I’m diluting the re-drafting pool and I would have like to re-draft some of those guys, but do you feel getting something for players I would have dropped anyway is a good deal?

Anyway, it is done. I will now draft Lafreniere, Byfield, Brady T and whoever is next best with my 4th overall.

2022 is stacked and I want Lambert, Wright or Savoie.

Good or bad, let me hear it. Thanks

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: My offer just got accepted. Controversial.

Man... that is a huge trade, no wonder others in your pool were surprised. Do you know the 1st round in 2022 is what pick overall ?

p.s: I'm looking at what you've still got in your sig and really nice core and love the choices of prospects.

Dobber Sports Deity

Lol!

Wtf????
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

It really just downs to whether you could have gotten more or not. Those players are not your keepers so getting something for nothing if the alternative is just releasing them is a a positive. If that was the best deal then nice job.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Seems you lost a lot....
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's a good deal for you in that you traded future nothing for future something.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Given the parameters of your league (keep 8), I like the strategy here. Did you try to get those picks without offering all of those players, or getting more picks for those players, and that's the best offer that you got? Either way, something for nothing is exactly what you do in leagues like this.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by forwardpro View Post
    Man... that is a huge trade, no wonder others in your pool were surprised. Do you know the 1st round in 2022 is what pick overall ?

p.s: I'm looking at what you've still got in your sig and really nice core and love the choices of prospects.
    No way of knowing yet. But I seek out the bad teams years in advance and that is how I had the first 6 picks last year and the first 4 picks this year. True, I made this guys team better, but I think he will still be bad in 2 years for the 1st rounder.

Dobber Sports Pro

Makes sense to me. I'm in a keep 6 and we do some trades that seem insane from the outside looking in, but they make plenty of sense when you consider who will or won't be kept on certain teams. It doesn't seem like a real big return, but I see why you did it. You would have lost those guys for nothing, and high 1st rounders can hold a LOT of trade value.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Initiate

I could’ve got 3rds or 4ths this year for each player individually. Let’s just say I could have got six 4ths in 2020.

In my signature you can see I already have great picks for 2020. I’d rather have the 1st and 2nd in 22 and 23 respectively. Especially the 1st in 22 with that draft class.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I could’ve got 3rds or 4ths this year for each player individually. Let’s just say I could have got six 4ths in 2020.

In my signature you can see I already have great picks for 2020. I’d rather have the 1st and 2nd in 22 and 23 respectively. Especially the 1st in 22 with that draft class.
    Sounds like it was the best thing to do, and assuming none of those players are markedly better than whoever else would be left for you at 4th overall, it's a win in the long run.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is very similar to one of my leagues (keep 8), it's often a race between the top teams to get anything they can for their drops from the bottom teams. And more often than not, the first to get a trade done will also tank the market, making it harder for the follow-ups to get anything for their drops.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
    This is very similar to one of my leagues (keep 8), it's often a race between the top teams to get anything they can for their drops from the bottom teams. And more often than not, the first to get a trade done will also tank the market, making it harder for the follow-ups to get anything for their drops.
    10 minutes after my trade, Krug got traded for a 2nd in 2020. What the hell...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by berni67 View Post
    Seems you lost a lot....
    I just saw it's a keep 8, so you didn't loose that much . And limited keeper league always give you the chance to correct your errors ( if there is some) year after year.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Solid trade for you. In a limited keeper, the offseason is a buyer’s market; prices for players drop drastically, and when you’re losing them for nothing anyway, you gotta take what you can get. In this case, a 1st overall pick (which I’m assuming is gonna be Lafreniere) is a nice return.