Thread: Trading Bowen Byram FOR ???

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Trading Bowen Byram FOR ???

Hi guys !

I'm new to the forum.

I'm in a keeper league with a total of 16 GM. Points only ( Goals = 1 pt and assist 1 pt)

I'm in a reconstruction team since last season. We can keep 8 keepers overall (any position)

Players under 150 games are automatically kept in the farm.

My keepers for the next season are:

Bjorkstrand
    Horvat
    Konecny
    Dylan Strome

Doughty
    Ekman-Larsson
    Sergachev

Kuemper

I've got the 5th pick overall in the next draft and i'm willing to trade with the GM who has the 6th overall pick in the first round.

He's got theses players in his farm:

Harley
    Holmstrom
    Kaut
    Olofsson
    Philip Tomasino

Would it be too much if I ask him Byram for his 6th overall pick plus tomasino ?

If you have any questions concerning what I own in my farm, or what would be a better trade plus for me check out my farm:

Dach
    Donato
    Hayton
    Necas
    Tkachuk
    Yamamoto
    Zadina
    Zegras
    Kyrou
    Batherson
    Sandin
    Kale Clague
    Jake Bean
    bobby brink
    gabriel carlsson
    cozens
    dellandrea
    dorofeyev
    grundstrom
    heponiemi
    kostin
    krebs
    liljegren
    isac lundestrom
    nikolayev
    puistola
    rubtsov
    shesterkin
    turcotte

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Trading Bowen Byram FOR ???

That seems like a decent offer to me, presuming that the 6th overall pick is a pick in a 2020 rookie draft, where you can get a Drsydale, Raymond, Rossi type. If the 6th overall pick is for picking from all players not kept then I think your other owner is going to reject it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Byram for 6th and Tomasino or Harley or Olofsson (assuming Victor) for that matter, would be a deal I would make from your side.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the advice and yes it isn't a rookie draft. We can draft the prospects of the 2020 draft or any other players that were not kept as keepers in the 16 teams.

I'm interested in drafting prospects of the 2020 draft in the first round for sure.

Dobber Sports Stud

The fly in the soup here is that while Bowen Byram is a good prospect, I wouldn’t do that trade from the other guy’s perspective. Be open (and prepared) for a counter-offer. For example, your Byram AND ??? Unless you want the other guy asking for the stars, and your deal falling apart, I might offer Byram and Rubtsov.

Other GM’s frequently offer me trades that would make THEIR team better, but a fairer offer at the outset sets the tone.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks Brad for the advice. He did a counter offer that was really shitty that was Byram + my 10th round pick for his 6th overall pick but i declined the offer proposing him rubtsov on the initial offer and that's not the kind of player he needs....

I think this trade isn't gonna work !

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If I'm the other guy I probably would maybe do Byram for 6th overall straight up. That 4 - 8 or so in this year's draft are equal to Byram. So i understand his counter offer but it's still a bad counter offer.

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think I'd do Byram for the 6th straight up, let alone you adding to Byram. He's further along in his development and we already know he's going to land in an up-and-coming powerhouse in Colorado for years.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks everyone for the advide. I think i'll keep him and like you said his value will go up in the upcoming seasons !

Dobber Sports Superstar

You have a very nice farm, most impressive in fact!! Much better looking than your keepers. Stick with that, keep what you have, you are in a major rebuild here and you have very solid pieces to move forward with. Unless I miss my guess, the other GM's are going to come after your farm guys. Unless they are overpaying, tell them to take a hike (:

Patience!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Icon

I would prefer to keep Byram than to move him for anything pick outside the top 3 in this year's entry draft.