Thread: Kristian Vesalainen or Benoit-Oliver Groulx

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Kristian Vesalainen or Benoit-Oliver Groulx

Hi all, Hamilton team in my sig. My league has blocks and hits for 0.6 points each so I'm pretty keen to bring in Groulx, however, vesy was once considered a very very good prospect and though he petered out a bit, he seems to be bringing his game back up towards the end of the season last year.

Who would you prefer here Kristian Vesalainen or Benoit-Oliver Groulx

Dynasty league. I'm leaning towards Groulx and trying to get him to add a pick or something?
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Kristian Vesalainen or Benoit-Oliver Groulx

I would go with Kristian Vesalainen. I prefer his upside.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Deity

I've seen plenty of BOG in Halifax to know he's a bottom six guy in the NHL. He just doesn't have the scoring upside to push him into a top six role.

I prefer Vesalainen and his offensive upside here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Vesa here too. He could still develop into a power forward

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks guys, sometimes you just need a 2nd opinion to know you're definitely wrong haha, will keep Vesa for now.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I've seen plenty of BOG in Halifax to know he's a bottom six guy in the NHL. He just doesn't have the scoring upside to push him into a top six role.

I prefer Vesalainen and his offensive upside here.
    Minor hijack here: how would you rate Groulx for hits & blocks? Is he scrappy enough to be useful in a deep multi-cat league?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Minor hijack here: how would you rate Groulx for hits & blocks? Is he scrappy enough to be useful in a deep multi-cat league?
    How dare you, Steve? haha, but I'd like to know that too, might be worth a late pick in a draft I've got coming up

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JayJJeffery View Post
    How dare you, Steve? haha, but I'd like to know that too, might be worth a late pick in a draft I've got coming up
    To be fair, the league you were asking about is a deep multi-cat. So it somewhat furthers the original question - hence a minor hijack.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

In Halifax, he was a rock solid FOW guy (for Jr hockey mind you) and played an excellent two-way game. Solid shutdown guy but also got plenty of PP time which pumped his offensive stats. He has some grit to his game and isn't afraid to throw the body around. Very good forechecker in the offensive zone and likes to throw the body around.

Hard to say on the block category. That will depend on the coach and what he expects from his players. A coach like Torts expects his players to block shots, where are a lot of other coaches dont want their forwards blocking shots. Cant say much there. I cant say I can remember much about him blocking shots in Halifax but to be honest, I dont pay much attention to blocked shots while watching the games.

To answer stevegamers question, I'd say he's worth rostering in deep multicat leagues. I'd say he's scrappy enough, assuming he makes the NHL of course. Thats still TBD.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."