Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Keep 5 For 2020-21 Season

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Keep 5 For 2020-21 Season

Binnington and Laine for me. Sounds like there's a lot more D value at the draft table, so you're more likely to be able to redraft an injured Hamilton and Hughes than you are to find Laine and Binnington there in rounds 2-4.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Keep 5 For 2020-21 Season

Revisiting this since much as changed with Kucherov now out for the entire regular season...not sure how I can justify spending valuable draft capital (keepers eat up to your first 5 draft picks) on someone that will be getting me 0 points all season.

Thinking of making Konecny and Jacob Markstrom my 4th and 5th keepers along with Laine, Marner, and Huby. I am thinking Markstrom gets a significant workload playing for a good Calgary squad. I see Binnington continuing to get worse, particularly as the Blues regress defensively w/o Pietrangelo.

I am also working the phones to see if I can swing a trade of Brayden Point for Scheifele+

Quote Originally Posted by BooBird View Post
    Hey all,

It's time for my annual feedback request on who to keep on my roster for next season. This is a mostly points only 12-team H2H League with the following scoring categories.

Skaters - 3 points per goal, 2 points per assist, 1 point per minor Penalty. Nominal bonuses for hits, SOG, blocks, but not really enough to sway things.
    Goalies - 3 points per win, 5 points per S/O, 0.2 points per save, -1 point per loss.

Daily starting positional requirements - 3 C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, one UTIL (any skater), 2 G

Keeper Candidates

Nikita Kuckerov (RW) - no doubter
    Jonathan Huberdeau (LW) - no doubter
    Mitch Marner (C/RW) - No doubter
    Mark Scheifele (C) - Since he has no other positional eligibility, thinking about moving him in a trade to load up on Wingers or D as my keepers.
    Travis Konecny (LW/RW) - I really want to keep him. He just looks like he has "it". Not sure what "it" is, but he has it.
    Patrik Laine (LW/RW) - I can't imagine he's peaked already at just 21 years old.
    Jordan Binnington (G) - Kept him last year and that turned out to be a good decision, but not sure i can justify it now.
    Quinn Hughes (D) - The best is yet to come.
    Dougie Hamilton (D) - I would feel better about him if he didn't get hurt (injured again too).
    Tony DeAngelo (D) - Not sure he has the Rangers PP1 on lock.