Thread: Ty Smith

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Ty Smith

Hey guys any projections about my d prospect and when you believe he can be a solid contributor? Thanks for your input.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Ty Smith

I think he gets a look this year, albeit on a real bad team, so temper expectations for this year.

They have Hughes (whom I still firmly believe becomes a superstar) and Hischier, along with a few other nice pieces. Also have 3 picks in the top 15 or so this year, so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Be patient and Ty Smith should turn out to be a good PP qb...

Dobber Sports Star

Solid contributor in 2 years. At present, he seems to be primed to be NJ's PP1 at some point in the next 2 years or so. No other prospects have his scoring acumen and the guys on the squad now do not stand out.

Dobber Sports Jedi

They still have PK who will command PP1 time to start the season.

I'd temper expectations into the 25-35pt range.
    He should make the team and see sheltered minutes with PP2 time.

If all goes well and he's performing above expectations & PK continues his slide, maybe by Jan. he sees some pp1 time.

All that said he was a late cut last year. I think there's a 60-40 chance he makes the team.

The smart play if I'm NJ is give him a full year in the AHL with cups of coffee in March. Let him log big heavy hard minutes there.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Long term he has top line and PP1 potential. Reminds me of Barrie.

I think it will be a few years before you see that though, upside for the next 3 to 4 years is probably 35 ish points imo.

Dobber Sports Deity

Patience is the key here. He will start his NHL career slowly but give him a couple years of experience in the league and he should flourish. To answer your question, I'd say it will take a good 3 years before I expect him to be a solid contributor. He will grow with a very young and up-and-coming NJ team.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

It's highly unlikely your going to see a Makar like impact here. As others are saying, in a few years you will have yourself a quality player but there will be a develop curve that will take some time. A year in the AHL with perhaps a few cups of coffee with the big club is what I would expect to see this year. If the Devils rush him, well that might not have a great outcome.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf