Thread: Josh Norris and Liam Foudy

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Josh Norris and Liam Foudy

Hey guys I own these two prospects. What do you think their projections are and when do you believe they can be solid contributors. Thanks for your input!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Josh Norris and Liam Foudy

Norris yes. He's on track for Ott's top 6.

Foudy is more of a slow burn and seems more of a mid-six complimentary player vs. that high end scoring threat.

Foudy I would move in a deal to upgrade my roster.
    Norris would be on my prospect no-trade list - unless it was part of a package that delivered an elite NHLer in return
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

I think both will have a legit shot at making their respective teams next season.

Norris is the better offensive prospect but I also think Ottawa needs him more than CBJ needs Foudy when it comes to offense.

I don't like to give projections because it's hard to guess these things without knowing where they will line up in the roster and if they will get good opportunities to play an offensive role.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

I also own both. I think Norris has a pretty good shot at making the team this year, Foudy more like 50/50.

Norris I beleive has top line upside, I am quite high on him. The only prospect I own that I have ahead of him is Robertson.

Foudy is more of a B prospect, upside is there but probably a ways away from hitting it. Most likely settles into a 2nd or 3rd line role long term, but he is a guy that is probably undervalued at this point.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Can't argue with the opinions already expressed. I think both these guys will be NHL players and contribute to their teams but Norris will do it sooner and the contribution will be more significant.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sage

Any Norris owner has to be very pleased with his development. The safe prediction for him is a 2nd line center but with the way he keeps improving, he could be a 1st line center or one of the best 2nd line centers in the future. With Ottawa's deep prospect pool, Norris will have good linemates. I expect Norris and Bathersome to be full time players for Ottawa next season.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Watching Foudy in the play-in/play-offs so far has made me bump my optimism on him. He has looked dangerous every time he touches the puck, and Torts seems to have confidence in him. Torts system probably limits his fantasy potential, but he is a talented kid that is largely flying under the radar.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    Watching Foudy in the play-in/play-offs so far has made me bump my optimism on him. He has looked dangerous every time he touches the puck, and Torts seems to have confidence in him. Torts system probably limits his fantasy potential, but he is a talented kid that is largely flying under the radar.
    Agreed, he's definitely stepped up and showed he belongs in the NHL and can be dangerous here.
    Norris I think is still tracking well but I'm not sure he has the upside that some are hoping for.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Foudy is a heck of a player, watched him alot in London. He's not going to be a top point guy though; and CBJ just doesn't score enough. Still, Norris hasn't even made it yet, so I'm going Foudy here. Kid looked legit vs Toronto and he's here to stay. I can see Foudy being a 40-60 point guy that is better in real life than fantasy

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    Foudy is a heck of a player, watched him alot in London. He's not going to be a top point guy though; and CBJ just doesn't score enough. Still, Norris hasn't even made it yet, so I'm going Foudy here. Kid looked legit vs Toronto and he's here to stay. I can see Foudy being a 40-60 point guy that is better in real life than fantasy
    What he said except for the watched him alot in London part.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

For Norris, when you have a team as stacked as they had, it's hard to know who's driving the bus and who's just feeding off those guys unless you watch them. Interesting to see who of Batherson/Norris/Brown/Formenton turn out the best

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Agreed, he's definitely stepped up and showed he belongs in the NHL and can be dangerous here.
    Norris I think is still tracking well but I'm not sure he has the upside that some are hoping for.
    This is exactly how I see it as well. When the Karlsson deal happened, I remember the talk was about how little Ottawa got back, and that Norris wasn't even the top prospect in the San Jose system, so it didnt seem like Norris was gonna be a big deal.

Now Ottawa saw something and he seems to have been developing quickly, but I will temper my expectations at this point. It seems as though he will be given a real opportunity, but with Colin White, and Logan Brown, I don't think they will simply give him the 2nd line Center role but, if he can take another step and impress enough, he will stick and work his way into a more prominent role.

Foudy is a little different. He is playing on more veteran Columbus team, but he is proving himself and the most critical time of the year, to a Coach that wants to see exactly that. His speed and tenacity, the way he can pressure the defence, and he's shown enough skill to be able to make things happen every time he's out there.

I like both players, but at this point, I do like Foudy a little more, based specifically on him making the most of his opportunity in the Playoffs.
    'To be is to do' - Socrates....'To do is to be '- Sartre..........
    'To do be do be do' - Sinatra.

15 Team Keeper League - 20 roster spots (4C 4L 4R 6D 2G)
    Point Categories - G A +/- PIMS GAA SV%
    Protect 13-15 *$80 Team cap

C - Bergeron, Zibanejad,
    L - Connor, Marchand, Olofsson
    R - Nylander, Wheeler, Gallagher, Rust
    D - Carlson, Josi, Nurse
    G - Vasilevskiy