Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trading forwards for D help

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Trading forwards for D help

I would rather keep Mantha and trade away someone like Cam Atkinson or Stastny (or both) but I don't think that would fly with Dumba's owner. He seems to like Mantha after preliminary discussions a while back.

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    This had me scratching my head for sure. With that cleared up, I certainly don't mind this deal for you. Your not stealing anything here, but you are paying a reasonable price and as I said, Dumba should be an upgrade on a lot of your D. Hughes, Krug, Risto, Dumba is a very decent D core. Fill that in with guys who best fill the non scoring cats and you are not in bad shape at all.
    12 team true dynasty auction league ($60m team cap). Roster max 80. Start 2 G, 6 D, 12 F.

G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, HT, OG, Hits, Blocks, SG
    W, OW, OL, SHO

Forwards (of note); Atkinson, Backstrom, Barkov, Brassard, Coleman, Copp, Giroux, Guentzel, Iafallo, P. Kane, Kerfoot, Kopitar, Konecny, Laughton, MacKinnon, Meier, Necas, Pavelski, Stastny, Stone, Toffoli, White

Defensemen; Beaulieu, Farrance, Fowler, Goligoski, Hakanpaa, Q.Hughes, Josi, Klingberg, Lehtonen, Martinez, McNabb, Montour, Ristolainen, Shattenkirk, Tuomisto, Weegar, Yandle, Zboril

Goalies; Bishop, Dostal, Driedger, Elliott, Khudobin, McElhinney, Mrazek, Samsonov, Sogaard, Vasilevsky

Dobber Sports Icon

I prefer Dumba over Mantha. Dumba is going to get a chance on a PP1 where ever he gets traded to in the off-season.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I prefer Dumba over Mantha. Dumba is going to get a chance on a PP1 where ever he gets traded to in the off-season.
    Maybe I have my head in sand, but I wasn't aware that Dumba might be moved this year.

My take on Mantha is that he will have a 4-year window starting in 2 seasons where he will be a top 3 power forward to own. Band-Aid Boy problem though. And power forwards on the that list are not save owns.

Dumba is about as good a bounce-back candidate as I've seen in years!! I'm not sure how many people really considered the effect the pectoral muscle plays on a shot, and I'm not talking just power...timing is everything. That will come back. Just not this past season. Watch out for Dumba... multicat stud with great scoring potential.

I am good with this trade, but I think you are paying fair market value and not buying low as Axeman mentioned. You gotta try to move another winger IMO. Mantha when healthy has keys to all prime action in motor city, and the best part of being rock bottom... is nothing left but to improve. 2-seasons!
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MCARTER82 View Post
    I would rather keep Mantha and trade away someone like Cam Atkinson or Stastny (or both) but I don't think that would fly with Dumba's owner. He seems to like Mantha after preliminary discussions a while back.

Thanks for your help!
    I'd rather keep Mantha as well and get Dumba for a bag of pucks (:

Don't think the other guy is going to go for that though. This boils down to which player you think is going to improve your team the most. If it's Dumba, don't be afraid to pay a fair price to improve your team. Personally, I think Dumba will improve your team more than hanging on to Mantha. By all means, try and shop some other guys and see what happens but I just don't think Cam Atkinson or Stasny or both will get it done. Just a word of caution though, if you low ball the other guy and piss him off it could kill the deal. Ya, this absolutely happens.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Interesting insight, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    Maybe I have my head in sand, but I wasn't aware that Dumba might be moved this year.

My take on Mantha is that he will have a 4-year window starting in 2 seasons where he will be a top 3 power forward to own. Band-Aid Boy problem though. And power forwards on the that list are not save owns.

Dumba is about as good a bounce-back candidate as I've seen in years!! I'm not sure how many people really considered the effect the pectoral muscle plays on a shot, and I'm not talking just power...timing is everything. That will come back. Just not this past season. Watch out for Dumba... multicat stud with great scoring potential.

I am good with this trade, but I think you are paying fair market value and not buying low as Axeman mentioned. You gotta try to move another winger IMO. Mantha when healthy has keys to all prime action in motor city, and the best part of being rock bottom... is nothing left but to improve. 2-seasons!
    12 team true dynasty auction league ($60m team cap). Roster max 80. Start 2 G, 6 D, 12 F.

G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, HT, OG, Hits, Blocks, SG
    W, OW, OL, SHO

Forwards (of note); Atkinson, Backstrom, Barkov, Brassard, Coleman, Copp, Giroux, Guentzel, Iafallo, P. Kane, Kerfoot, Kopitar, Konecny, Laughton, MacKinnon, Meier, Necas, Pavelski, Stastny, Stone, Toffoli, White

Defensemen; Beaulieu, Farrance, Fowler, Goligoski, Hakanpaa, Q.Hughes, Josi, Klingberg, Lehtonen, Martinez, McNabb, Montour, Ristolainen, Shattenkirk, Tuomisto, Weegar, Yandle, Zboril

Goalies; Bishop, Dostal, Driedger, Elliott, Khudobin, McElhinney, Mrazek, Samsonov, Sogaard, Vasilevsky