Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trading forwards for D help

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Trading forwards for D help

I play in a true dynasty salary cap league (80 roster limit made up of NHL players and drafted prospects) and I am looking at trading away a decent forward (of which I have an abundance) for some D help/depth.

I have my eye on a few Dmen but one which may well be available right now is Matt Dumba. Who I could get by trading someone like Mantha away. Does anyone think I am better off keeping Mantha, or offering a lesser forward?

I like Mantha but need D help/depth and I am gambling on Dumba getting back to his best. I am looking at buying low on Dumba.

I also have my eye on Dougie Hamilton but he will probably be more expensive to obtain.

League stats counted: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, overtime goals, Blocks, shootout goals

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Trading forwards for D help

I'm probably in the minority, and without seeing your roster and knowing all the details (cap league, etc) but I'd consider it a good deal. They are both similar and if you need help on the backend, this is a fair price to pay IMO.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't figure out how to add my roster to my sig. #newbie

Dobber Sports Star

I like getting Dumba for Mantha.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MCARTER82 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I couldn't figure out how to add my roster to my sig. #newbie
    Go to Settings, My Settings, Edit Signature.

The trade seems reasonable, but would love more info.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think that could be a fair deal.
    Though would like to know the other forwards you have.

Only knock I have on Dumba is he plays for a team on the downward swing.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think Dumba is a prime "buy low" candidate. Buy low to me means you dont pay fair market value but of course that depends on how the current Dumba owner feels. To me, Mantha would be fair market value, if not a slight overpay to me.

If you could share your full roster, that would help offer a bit more advice on who I would consider offering for Dumba.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

[QUOTE=Axeman33;2062885]I think Dumba is a prime "buy low" candidate. Buy low to me means you dont pay fair market value but of course that depends on how the current Dumba owner feels. To me, Mantha would be fair market value, if not a slight overpay to me.

I don't know if I'd go that far saying Mantha would be an overpay compared to Dumba's present market value. I mean he is still viewed by most GM as a promising player on the verge of greatness, wether it happens or not. Like others have said, seeing your full lineup would be nice. But all in all, fair price!
    12 teams - points only, keep all

20 players ( 8 FWD - 4 DEF - 2 GK + BENCH)

FWD
    Kucherov
    Kuznetsov
    Crosby
    Kane
    Lindholm
    Aho
    J.Hughes
    Landeskog

DEF
    Hamilton, Jones, Montour, Letang

G
    Markstrom, Grubauer

BENCH
    Glass, Gustafsson, Tolvanen, Andersson, Levi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the responses, guys. My full roster is in my sig now.
    12 team true dynasty auction league ($60m team cap). Roster max 80. Start 2 G, 6 D, 12 F.

G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, HT, OG, Hits, Blocks, SG
    W, OW, OL, SHO

Forwards (of note); Atkinson, Backstrom, Barkov, Brassard, Coleman, Copp, Giroux, Guentzel, Iafallo, P. Kane, Kerfoot, Kopitar, Konecny, Laughton, MacKinnon, Meier, Necas, Pavelski, Stastny, Stone, Toffoli, White

Defensemen; Beaulieu, Farrance, Fowler, Goligoski, Hakanpaa, Q.Hughes, Josi, Klingberg, Lehtonen, Martinez, McNabb, Montour, Ristolainen, Shattenkirk, Tuomisto, Weegar, Yandle, Zboril

Goalies; Bishop, Dostal, Driedger, Elliott, Khudobin, McElhinney, Mrazek, Samsonov, Sogaard, Vasilevsky

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the help. Team showing in sig now.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Go to Settings, My Settings, Edit Signature.

The trade seems reasonable, but would love more info.
    12 team true dynasty auction league ($60m team cap). Roster max 80. Start 2 G, 6 D, 12 F.

W, OW, OL, SHO

Forwards (of note); Atkinson, Backstrom, Barkov, Brassard, Coleman, Copp, Giroux, Guentzel, Iafallo, P. Kane, Kerfoot, Kopitar, Konecny, Laughton, MacKinnon, Meier, Necas, Pavelski, Stastny, Stone, Toffoli, White

Defensemen; Beaulieu, Farrance, Fowler, Goligoski, Hakanpaa, Q.Hughes, Josi, Klingberg, Lehtonen, Martinez, McNabb, Montour, Ristolainen, Shattenkirk, Tuomisto, Weegar, Yandle, Zboril

Goalies; Bishop, Dostal, Driedger, Elliott, Khudobin, McElhinney, Mrazek, Samsonov, Sogaard, Vasilevsky

Dobber Sports Superstar

This is actually not that bad looking team, including your D. But I am curious as to how the CAP works in your league? Dumba is a 6 Mil cap hit, Krug and Risto are not cheap and Hughes will likely have a very nice pay day once his ELC is up. Fowler, Goli and Niskanaen all have associated cost. Just not sure how you plan on putting your D together for a reasonable CAP hit? The other point I would make is that I don't see an issue with depth here, you only start 6 D yet you have 13 guys rostered? Anyway, to answer the question, I would consider Mantha a fair payment for Dumba. Dumba is an upgrade on the majority of the D you have, but again, a 6 Mil CAP hit, but if you can do this, I'd recommend it.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for taking a look and commenting.

We don't go by the real life NHL contracts. We sign UFAs to our own cap hit & length (each summer we bid on UFAs) and the total cap hit is $60m per team. We get to extend 1 UFA each year, but we can only extend them to a 1 year contract and their salary goes up by $1m. For instance, Krug is also a UFA in my league this off-season. His salary is at $2m for this season and I plan on extending him for next season, which will take his salary to $3m for 2020-21.

Risto is on $2.75m in my league. I think Dumba is on around $3.5m and has a few years left on his contract.

I'm just thinking that Fowler had a big down year, and may be past his best. Risto won't get permanent PP1 time unless he is traded. Niskanen isn't a PP1 guy either. Just looking for another PP dman really to go with Hughes and Krug.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    This is actually not that bad looking team, including your D. But I am curious as to how the CAP works in your league? Dumba is a 6 Mil cap hit, Krug and Risto are not cheap and Hughes will likely have a very nice pay day once his ELC is up. Fowler, Goli and Niskanaen all have associated cost. Just not sure how you plan on putting your D together for a reasonable CAP hit? The other point I would make is that I don't see an issue with depth here, you only start 6 D yet you have 13 guys rostered? Anyway, to answer the question, I would consider Mantha a fair payment for Dumba. Dumba is an upgrade on the majority of the D you have, but again, a 6 Mil CAP hit, but if you can do this, I'd recommend it.

W, OW, OL, SHO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

To be more clear in the future I'd call this an "auction" league. When almost everyone reads "cap" or "salary cap" they are translating that into real NHL salaries.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Good point. Thanks for the heads up!

To be more clear in the future I'd call this an "auction" league. When almost everyone reads "cap" or "salary cap" they are translating that into real NHL salaries.

W, OW, OL, SHO

Dobber Sports Superstar

This had me scratching my head for sure. With that cleared up, I certainly don't mind this deal for you. Your not stealing anything here, but you are paying a reasonable price and as I said, Dumba should be an upgrade on a lot of your D. Hughes, Krug, Risto, Dumba is a very decent D core. Fill that in with guys who best fill the non scoring cats and you are not in bad shape at all.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf