Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NHL Playoff Overtime Challenge - Discussion

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 2020 NHL Playoff Overtime Challenge - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    That would be a fun day especially for the arena staff!
    I wonder if they would use the practice arena if it was an extended period?

Or if they would just play into all hours of the night?

Another solution would be if a early game goes into overtime in Toronto right now.. then the late game could get moved into the next slot for Carolina/New York as there is now an open slot in Toronto's arena.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Another solution would be if a early game goes into overtime in Toronto right now.. then the late game could get moved into the next slot for Carolina/New York as there is now an open slot in Toronto's arena.
    That's my assumption is just postpone a game into an open slot. I think they might have had an extra open slot or two in the schedule even if every series went five games, so it should be easy enough to do.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

That's probably the easiest solution but I am not sure if it makes the most sense from the player's perspective. Players kind of want to know what day they will be playing games to properly prepare for them. I can't wait to find out.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I was really hoping for PIT to tie the game tonight and push it to OT, but alas, Habs win, Habs win, sigh (full disclosure, Matt Murray is my playoff goalie).

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I was really hoping for PIT to tie the game tonight and push it to OT, but alas, Habs win, Habs win, sigh (full disclosure, Matt Murray is my playoff goalie).
    I was also hoping for OT. I cannot believe we are only at one so far.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

I keep waiting for one to happen when I'm at work during the day and not able to track or during the late games when I have to go to work early (like all this week!).

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I keep waiting for one to happen when I'm at work during the day and not able to track or during the late games when I have to go to work early (like all this week!).
    yes. I have been trying not to go to bed until it’s a 2 goal game halfway through the third.

​​

Well that sucks.... we were just over a minute away from getting overtime.

I was pumped when Highmore ties it up... but when Chicago went up I was disappointed!

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

I think it's time to close the thread off right? Here's hoping for some real OT today.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I think it's time to close the thread off right? Here's hoping for some real OT today.
    I think our two best options for today and OT are:

Minnesota/Vancouver

Toronto/Columbus

I do not think that Winnipeg/Calgary will be a close enough game to see OT. unless Scheifele or Laine is back.

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

I do not think that Winnipeg/Calgary will be a close enough game to see OT. unless Scheifele or Laine is back.
    Or if Helle shuts CGY down and we get a 1-1 game through 60 minutes.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Or if Helle shuts CGY down and we get a 1-1 game through 60 minutes.
    Yes, that will likely happen now just because I eliminated the idea earlier. And because it will mean staying up way to late like I did last night hoping for OT in the Hawks/Oil game.

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Yes, that will likely happen now just because I eliminated the idea earlier. And because it will mean staying up way to late like I did last night hoping for OT in the Hawks/Oil game.
    I'm okay taking my chances that I miss an OT game with the last game. I'm finding I watch the first period or two of the late game and then hit the sack. But I guess if you're in the Central time zone it makes it a little easier for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'm okay taking my chances that I miss an OT game with the last game. I'm finding I watch the first period or two of the late game and then hit the sack. But I guess if you're in the Central time zone it makes it a little easier for you...
    I am not staying up to catch OT just for this competition... its for the love of watching Overtime Playoff Hockey!! That is the reason that I started the competition..and now the competition is just a bonus for when a game does go into OT.

​​

Yay!! We have an OT game. Get your picks in!

​​