Thread: 15th Annual NHL Playoff Pool

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default 15th Annual NHL Playoff Pool

Hi all, I've run a playoff pool for 14, soon to be 15 years. Picks are made in an excel sheet I provide, however once teams are selected they are inputted into Fantrax and everything is tracked there.

This season, it will not cover the qualifying round, it will begin when there are 16 teams left, like a normal playoff season.

How it works:
    -Each of the 16 teams will have 16 players to choose from, and each player on each team will be ranked 1 through 16 (best player is 1, down to the worst who is 16)
    -You select ONE player from EACH team, but can only select ONE player for each number. So for example, Kucherov would be #1 on Tampa Bay, Matthews #1 on Toronto, Pastrnak #1 on Boston, etc, etc. You would only be able to select one of those guys for the #1.
    - Once you have made all of your picks, you would end up with a team of exactly 16 players. One from each team, and each number.
    - Since we're all losing the same number of players after each series, this pool typically is very close for a lot of teams down the wire, and a bunch of guys aren't basically out of it after one team is kicked out.

Entry fee: $40 per team (you may enter multiple teams)
    Prize breakout: ALL fees are paid out, nothing is kept (Fantrax does not charge a fee for playoff pools) and is dependant on how many entries.

Using last year as an example:
    $40 x 55 entries = $2,200
    1st place $1,510
    2nd place $400
    3rd place $250
    27th place (middle) $20
    Last place $20

If you are interested, leave me your email address, or email me directly at [email protected] . I can send you last year's entry form for you to see...this year's will not be ready until closer to Round 1 of the playoffs, as I remove/replace any players who are injured long term.

Thanks!
    Nick

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Re: 15th Annual NHL Playoff Pool

Screenshot of last year's entry for reference:

2019nhlplayoffs.png