Thread: Who is more valuable?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Who is more valuable?

Brady Tkachuk or Elias Pettersson?

20 team Dynasty

G, A, PTS, Pim, PPP, SHP, GWG, Shots, Hits, Blocks, FOW

Do the peripherals make Tkachuk more valuable?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Who is more valuable?

yes, he hits all of those cats beyond scoring goals and assists in ways the alien will never. Also won 144 face offs in comparison to 59 for Elias last year. Hard to pass up Elias' potential for more but Brady is a rare blend that only comes around once in awhile for fantasy purposes.

Dobber Sports Ace

I remember having David Backes for a number of years, and I don't think that I would have traded him for a one dimensional, albeit elite offensive weapon.

I remember thinking that Backes + 30-40 point scorer (and his peripherals) were better than an EP + a fourth line peripheral plug.

Dobber Sports Star

You could show me a formula that says that EP is more valuable, but all I know is that if you have a guy like Tkachuk, it makes filling out the other categories so much easier. And you can't usually trade for the Tkachuk, Evander Kane, etc. types. The one caveat is that the prime years for violent multi-cat stuffers like Tkachuk are usually much shorter than they are for smooth scorers like Pettersson. In dynasty, that matters. Perhaps then you ride a Tkachuk until he starts to age out of hitting and fighting and then trade him.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

EP is a great offensive player, but for fantasy, Brady is a multi-cat rare gem.

Dobber Sports Ace

As others have mentioned the rareness of what Brady did last year (and should continue to get better) makes him almost untradeable. Let's say pettersson has an upside of 90-100 points. Where does Brady end up? 70-80? Nice gap for sure but the flip side of those banger cats is so lopsided it blows the points difference out.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Tkachuk in multi-cat. He's got Ovechkin level upside in multi-cat.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Tkachuk in multi-cat. He's got Ovechkin level upside in multi-cat.
    agree with this...i think he will be consistently reaching 70 points...but i would also assume some of his other stats will level off a little
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Brady Tkachuk is a rare breed in a multicat and he's just scratching the surface for his offensive upside. Imagine what will happen once they start surrounding him with better pieces to play with.

In this format, it's Tkachuk easily for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Tkatchuk and it's not close. His banger stats will eventually level off and even drop a few levels as he gets older but he'll likely see his scoring stats improve a little bit as well. He's a better Wayne Simmonds in his prime and that type of player is invaluable. Those are counted on to put points on the board with top line & PP1 deployment but if they don't score, they'll still give you loads of banger stats. These players allow you to target guys like Johnny Gaudreau who give you offense but nothing else (1 hit. I repeat, 1 hit during the entire 2019-20 season). When guys like that go through point droughts, they become albatrosses on your roster.

As to EP, his scoring might improve a bit but he's likely close to his peak in that area while his banger stats would suck in a U-10 hockey league. Nothing against EP, he's an amazing talent and you need those to win Stanley Cups. However, BT type players are key to winning Fantasy Cups in all formats except points only.

The Wolverine

If you separate into positions, Pettersson's low FOW significantly decreases his value in such a format as you need your centres to take faceoffs. Being not the strongest in other peripheral categories, you would need him to be a top offensive performer and already have balance elsewhere to consider him. However, as others said, Tkachuk is tailor made for this format.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

i have Tkachuk in all my leagues (and working in getting Matthew in most too in order to have the brothers in all my leagues).

Brady is the guy you want. As valuable as a Evander Kane, Tom Wilson, Brent Burns, Byfuglien type of player (back in their primes), or a Simmonds, Boone Jenner, etc (in a Tier below).

need these guys to stuff out peripherals, and i value Tkachuk in multi-cat formats as much as a top 5 fantasy player.
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Jedi

Tkachuk for me due to his massive hit/sog/pim numbers.

but to call EP one dimensional is not accurate.

Sophomore season he averaged 2.4 sog/gm and almost 1h/gm 63 in 68 and 42 blocks.
    EP has solid MC value and is not one dimensional.

Tkachuk is just elite for MC. Ovechkin to Stamkos in MC value come 3 years from now won't be a bad comparison IMO.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4