Thread: Forsberg vs Lindholm

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Forsberg vs Lindholm

League in my signature, who would you prefer long term? A couple years ago FF would have been a no-brainer but both guys have headed in opposite directions since, is FF a buy-low or is he one of those guys who will always leave us wanting more?

TIA
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Forsberg vs Lindholm

Truthfully, it's probably a lateral move. If I had to pick one, I would pick Forsberg - I think he's the offensive forward leader on Nashville, whereas Lindholm is the third, possibly fourth, most important offensive forward on the Flames. But, overall, it's a push for me.

Dobber Sports Star

Forsberg if only because I think that more of his production comes from his own abilities, as opposed to Lindholm whose value comes in substantial part from being placed with Gaudreau and Monahan.

Dobber Sports Superstar

as Tobias said it's a lateral move and I too would stick with Filip.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i would stick with Forsberg as well and i would not say they going opposite directions....FF has been about same guy since day one in NHL. Problem is that because he entered the league with such a splash, everybody thougth there is way more to come but so far his floor his his ceiling and vice versa...very consistent but not very flashy. Hopefully he finds a way to play more games per season but i prefer the certainty here.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

I guess I'm the weirdo because I prefer Lindholm. I lost hope on Forsberg reaching his lofty expectations a year or two ago. So far he hasn't proved me wrong.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I guess I'm the weirdo because I prefer Lindholm. I lost hope on Forsberg reaching his lofty expectations a year or two ago. So far he hasn't proved me wrong.
    I don't have lofty expectations for Forsberg. He is what he is at this point; a safe 60-65 point player, with a greater SOG resume than Lindholm. They are both the same age, and Lindholm has the best single season between them, plus has better linemates.

Do you pick Lindholm because you think he has it in him to be a 65-70 (or more) point guy, or because you expected more from Forsberg but he never took that next step?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    I don't have lofty expectations for Forsberg. He is what he is at this point; a safe 60-65 point player, with a greater SOG resume than Lindholm. They are both the same age, and Lindholm has the best single season between them, plus has better linemates.

Do you pick Lindholm because you think he has it in him to be a 65-70 (or more) point guy, or because you expected more from Forsberg but he never took that next step?
    Both.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I owned Elias when he had 78 points in 81 games but I could never shake the feeling he wasn't the straw stirring the drink on that line and anytime he came off it he proved me right alas it wasn't often. Forsberg's release is so dangerous, he always a lock for at least 25 goals IMO.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I lean towards Forsberg, if only because he seems safer, and I do think he has another level, but it may never show up. He either leaves Nashville, or Nashville changes enough to unlock it - and I'm unsure if the latter is possible under Hynes, who I trust to be a bad coach.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.