Thread: Old School Playoff Pool (Just goals and assists) Friday night draft

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Old School Playoff Pool (Just goals and assists) Friday night draft

I did this last year and it was pretty fun! So I'm back for another playoff pool, as I'm really missing hockey. Ever miss the simplicity of an old school hockey pool you'd see at bars and on hockey teams? Tired of faceoff wins, corsi%, PIM, or TOI/min being a factor in your hockey league? Well I have the answer for you:

Hoping for 12-16 teams
    Entry $50 (100% distributed towards Prizes for 1st to 3rd (3rd will always be $50 - Your money back) based on how many people sign up.
    Players: 14 Skaters (no goalies, we're keeping things simple)
    Draft stuff: July 31 @ 9pm est on Fantrax, Draft order will be set to random (decided by Fantrax an hour before the draft) and a Snake draft.
    Rules: Teams that accrue the most overall points (and I do mean points, it's just Goals and assists, weighted equally) throughout the playoffs win! No trading, no waiver adds, you just draft and hope to hell you made the right picks because when your players get eliminated that's it!

From my understanding of Fantrax per the time of this post (or updated therein) the Round Robin and Play-in rounds will count towards your point totals.

Please PM me for an invite!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Old School Playoff Pool (Just goals and assists) Friday night draft

9pm EDT! Just in case people are from overseas!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

3/16 paid so far, and lots of interest from reddit/dobber. Message me to get in on this!

Dobber Sports Master

I almost feel like reaching for the phone to buy a Sham -wow with the way you presented this

second one free , just pay seperate shipping and handling

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I almost feel like reaching for the phone to buy a Sham -wow with the way you presented this

second one free , just pay seperate shipping and handling
    Call NOW! Units are going fast (4/16 spots paid for).

Dobber Sports Sophomore

6/16 spots paid for with tons of interest from Reddit and Dobber. Get in while there's still space! I'm working hard to get this thing filled.

Dobber Sports Master

I bet if you simply opened it up to the public at fantrax(by using the ''list my league'' feature) it would fill up even though its for money .

depends if you want complete strangers joining up though . maybe you can get 6 guys you know and 6 strangers

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I bet if you simply opened it up to the public at fantrax(by using the ''list my league'' feature) it would fill up even though its for money .

depends if you want complete strangers joining up though . maybe you can get 6 guys you know and 6 strangers
    Thanks butch! I'll give it a go.

In the mean time we're at 10/16 spots paid for!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

11/16 spots paid for! Still looking for 1-5 more people to join.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'll join if you guys are still looking.

Dobber Sports Novice

PM'd you, I'll join if you still have/need a spot filled too.