Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rantanen, Caufield vs Kane and Zegras

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Rantanen, Caufield vs Kane and Zegras

My Rantanen and Caufiled vs his Kane and Zegras. What do you guys think?

EDIT:

I refused and he countered with

Panarin and Necas
    Vs
    Rantanen

Once again cap league
    1) 12 team keeper league (cap with aav) keep 15. (Less than 82 GP = protected)
    Fwd G 2pt A 1pt Def G 2pt A 1pt Blk .33 pt Goalies - W 2pt OTL 1pt SO 4pt

F(12): Robertson, J Hughes, Stutzle, Zegras, K. Johnson, Kuzmenko, Tolvanen, Byfield, Cooley, Eklund, Evangelista, Knies
    D(6): Seider, Dahlin, Drysdale, Bouchard, Theodore, Mintyukov
    G(2): Andersen, Oettinger
    Bench (8):
    A Tomasino, Guenther, Coronato
    D Clarke, Boqvist, Drysdale, OEL
    G Levi

The Great One

Default Re: Rantanen, Caufield vs Kane and Zegras

I like what you have, personally. To give up that much age, I'd want more of a return.

Yeah I'm working on getting a high pick, Valimaki or Sandin into the deal from his side to make it worth it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Prospects are a coin flip, so it's about the skaters for me. I think you need more due to the age factor.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Patty93 View Post
    Yeah I'm working on getting a high pick, Valimaki or Sandin into the deal from his side to make it worth it.
    I'd want more than that, too. You can only keep 6 minors, and neither of those guys are a difference maker.

What is your primary motivation with this deal? I'm generally curious - know that, we may be able to give better advice.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i personally would not be trading rantanen atm..i think his value is as slow as its been since his breakout...im not surprised this is a deal you getting..there simply isnt much more to have for rantanen atm..that could change with solid , injury free playoff performance.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'd want more than that, too. You can only keep 6 minors, and neither of those guys are a difference maker.

What is your primary motivation with this deal? I'm generally curious - know that, we may be able to give better advice.
    No real motivation, was a deal we worked out while talking with the other GM. There wasn't an official offer or anything.

Posted here to see the general consensus. And from what I can see it's pretty unanimous that I'm not getting enough.

The plus I could see was Zegras was more nhl ready than Caufield. And seems people are pretty high on Zegras. And Kane won't slow down I think.

I could talk a bit and maybe try and get Theodore off of him.

The Great One

No real motivation, was a deal we worked out while talking with the other GM. There wasn't an official offer or anything.

Posted here to see the general consensus. And from what I can see it's pretty unanimous that I'm not getting enough.

The plus I could see was Zegras was more nhl ready than Caufield. And seems people are pretty high on Zegras. And Kane won't slow down I think.

I could talk a bit and maybe try and get Theodore off of him.
    Maybe it's just me. But in the long run you know you lose this deal badly. In the short run, maybe you win briefly. Or maybe not. The prospects - who knows how they will play out.

I would expect Kane + Zegras for Rantanen. Flipping high-end prospects, with this age difference, if a keep 15 dynasty just seems like you are leaving a pile of value on the table to me.

Dobber Sports Deity

Pretty easy pass for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Thanks for the feedback (repped)! Turned him down and got a second offer.

Panarin and Necas
    Vs
    Rantanen

Once again cap league

F(12): Robertson, J Hughes, Stutzle, Zegras, K. Johnson, Kuzmenko, Tolvanen, Byfield, Cooley, Eklund, Evangelista, Knies
    Bench (8):
    G Levi

Dobber Sports Deity

Thanks for the feedback (repped)! Turned him down and got a second offer.

Panarin and Necas
    Vs
    Rantanen

Once again cap league
    I dont even know your league setup and what your current roster looks like but I still dont know if I'd bite.

Clearly he is trying to maintain scoring while getting younger. This offer is better than the first one but if he expects you to get older and take on more cap between Rantanen and Panarin, tell him to add Zegras to this offer and then I'd consider it.

Do you need to drop someone to make room for taking on the extra player he's offering? What is your cap situation? Do you have lots of space or are you getting tight? How many of your current players will need new deals in the off-season?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont even know your league setup and what your current roster looks like but I still dont know if I'd bite.

Clearly he is trying to maintain scoring while getting younger. This offer is better than the first one but if he expects you to get older and take on more cap between Rantanen and Panarin, tell him to add Zegras to this offer and then I'd consider it.

Do you need to drop someone to make room for taking on the extra player he's offering? What is your cap situation? Do you have lots of space or are you getting tight? How many of your current players will need new deals in the off-season?
    Signature was disabled for some reason. League in sig

I have about 19 million left with Rantanen (9.25) on roster and would have roughly 15 million left with Panarin (11.643) and Necas (1.4) on roster. Would fill out a roster spot though. And I don't have to drop anyone if I make this deal.

He wouldnt be willing to give up Zegras as well as Necas together. But would be willing to add on Hintz or a pick.

I like the idea of adding a young player with 2 years left on his elc and getting 2nd line minutes. But then again I would be packing on that extra salary.

Bench (8):
    G Levi

Dobber Sports Titan

I think Axe was saying Rantanen for Panarin and Zegras. Which sounds like a fair deal to me.

That being said I probably prefer the Rantanen side just based on youth and the contract.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think Axe was saying Rantanen for Panarin and Zegras. Which sounds like a fair deal to me.

That being said I probably prefer the Rantanen side just based on youth and the contract.
    No, I'd want all three.

If I am trading one of the better young players in the game, who's playing with one of the best players in the game, for another excellent player who's five years his senior and paid roughly $2.5M more each season (I am guessing on the difference but I think I am close), I'd want to be seriously compensated. I love Necas but I'd be reaching for the moon in this deal or be just as happy to keep Rantanen.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No, I'd want all three.

If I am trading one of the better young players in the game, who's playing with one of the best players in the game, for another excellent player who's five years his senior and paid roughly $2.5M more each season (I am guessing on the difference but I think I am close), I'd want to be seriously compensated. I love Necas but I'd be reaching for the moon in this deal or be just as happy to keep Rantanen.
    I misunderstood then. I agree that all three would be enough for me to get it done too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)